The Modular Airport Pack is here!
- CitiesXL 2009
- CitiesXL 2011
- CitiesXL 2012
- CitiesXL Platinum
Increase the realism of your cities with a new, fully modular airport pack! You can finally break the curse of the pre-made airports and design your dream airport! be it fantasy or inspired by real-life airports, your city will finally have a key element of transportation and great beauty!
The airport pieces have small collision box and can be built entirely over water, giving you complete freedom to design and airport with no limits!
The Modular Airport Pack is made up of 26 pieces:
2 passenger terminals (large, medium)
1 cargo terminal
3 concourses (large, small round, small squared)
1 concourse connector
4 runway pieces (touchdown, start, stretch, end)
2 taxiway lights (long, short)
3 aprons (large, medium, small)
1 blast wall
1 taxiway panel
1 ATC tower
1 parking garage
1 pedestrian bridge
1 pedestrian bridge connector
1 business hotel
1 airport fire & rescue station
+ a BONUS:
7 unlocked civilian planes
-> As an extra I am also unlocking 7 civilian planes available in the game, which can be plopped over water, too. Most of these were already available with Globexco's airport unlocker mod and Alex24's ploppable airplane mod; this pack allows you to plop them over water and also unlocks one small private jet.
You will find the pieces under the TRANSPORTATION > AIRPORT > CUSTOM CONTENT menu, thus requiring the latest version of UIM.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: I REALLY ASK YOU TO READ IT!!
- Take your time to discover and learn how to use all the pieces; building a realistic airport takes a long time, so be patient!
- The taxiways are the only thing you will have to do manually. I recommend using the grey pedestrian way (see below) to design runways and fill them with grey concrete textures. Also remember to place the blue taxiway lights on the sides and the taxiway panels and blast walls to increase realism! and they look good at night, too!
- There are no animations of airplanes taking off or landing; I don't know how to do that. Maybe some pro modder finds some time to make this addition, maybe not. Please accept it and don't ask about animations.
- When your city is quite large it may happen that most decoration vehicles (in aprons, concourses, fire station, etc.) no longer appear. This is a game bug that has existed for a long time. I can't do anything about it.
- It may happen that when you build a fairly large airport with many aprons it crashes randomly; I can't find the reason why. I recommend that when you build the airport and lay the aprons save the game often.
- This mod is fully compatible with GlobexCo's Unlocker Mod; I recommend you to use it to have more airplanes with real colors (British Airways, Singapore Airlines, etc.)
- The values that I assigned to the pieces are what they are. Anyone who thinks that they are not realistic is welcome to change them.
- There is no train station, because the NEXL team has not released the train system yet. Once they do, I might build one. In the meantime resort to buses and tramways, they still look very nice!
- Some pieces, like the jetway or the taxiway panels, have only one type; I wanted to avoid duplicating too many buildings.
- Please don't ask for new airplanes, I did not do them; they are just unlocked models from the game!
- Please don't ask for new models here, add your requests to the official mod request thread or better yet, learn to model yourself!
This airport has been tested even by the most dangerous noobs and there are no major bugs to report; any problems you have installing this mod are rooted in your mod folder and are not related to this pack. I don't want to sound rude, but I will not bother to reply or provide support for people complaining about things I already explained in this disclaimer!
And remember, feel free to design new buildings or make any improvements you like for this mod!
Thanks to all the people who have helped me get through!
Your terrain must be 100% flat!
I recommend laying a grey pedestrian path to plop all the concourses and jetways on one side, and all the aprons on the other side; this way they will align better:
Place the concourses and jetways on one side, and aprons on the other side. Last, place the airplanes on top. Use grey concrete plaza textures to fill the gaps. I recommend enclosing runway
Note to Beta-testers:
The visual glitch with "Runway Start" has been corrected, now it shows fine in satellite view; you can safely overwrite the file you used with this one.
Unzip the file and place both .patch files in your PAK folder
With aitortilla's permission, I bring you an update of this amazing mod !
In fact it is a little update.
It changes the "Cargo Terminal" from a high tech plant to an "Airport Terminal" which gives you 240 tokens of Freight.
It is very basic, but will enhance your gaming experience and since aitortilla won't update his mod for another month (with nice graphics and shiny stuff, I hope ! ^^), I'm doing it.
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
- XL Nation User Interface Mod
Ploppable Airplanes OWP Patch
If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.Dismiss Notice
If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.
If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
Modular Airport Pack 1.10
Build the Airport of your dreams