1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

17 free placing buildings Free_buildings01_v2

Free buildings

1. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Clemech4 submitted a new resource:

17 free placing buildings - Free buildings and monty's arch

Read more about this resource...

2. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

3. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

hey, you dont need to include sgbin files here, modified class file will be enough and decrease file size a lot ;)
    btw. did u rename class files so they wont replace the originals?

5. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Ahhh ok i didn't know yes i renamed it ;)

Mr.X² likes this.
  6. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

But how can i do it? just suppressing the sgbin files?

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

just compress the folder without them :)
    so u only have "Data/design" sturcture, without gfx or anything else

8. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

And it works? fine i'll try it later so, thank you

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah, sgbin files and other stuff will load from the game itself so no need to have a second duplicate ;)
    also works with custom buildings of course, but then u gotta list these mods as dependencys

Clemech4 likes this.
  10. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

A shame more decorations junking up the Civic Services Environment menu that belong under Decorations or Packs. Please refrain from putting decorations in the environment section, put them in the appropriate section.

11. kipate

kipate Governor

You can easily change that yourself, if you really want to junk up all the already junked up menus ;)

12. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Haha true, some menu are so junked up that it take hours to load them xD
    but he's right too because this menu become full with this mod and i could put these buildings in the empty no collision menu of environment, it would be better, but i don't really know how to change the menu localisation..

OmniusPrime likes this.
  13. kipate

kipate Governor

I guess @Monty could help you with that ;)
    Let's summon the devil, errr. god... :p

Clemech4 likes this.
  14. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Clemech4,
    Since I actually play the game I use the environmental items frequently. When they sit behind other items it takes too many clicks to use the items I want. Your Monumental Arches sat in between the Big Park and the Square Park, now that I use the Square Park the most I don't like wasting a click to access it as your two items pushed it to a second page. As for the Custom section of the Environment section I use the Alternative Park mod and I hated having to waste 2 clicks every time I wanted to use that mod so I deleted Drazidesign's train mod to clear that section up so I no longer have to waste 2 clicks to get to Monty's Alternative Square Park.

When I dropped in Drazidesigns's new furniture mod, which I really would love to have, I found such a massive mess of items that it just wasn't worth the furniture mod to waste so many clicks to get to the environmental stuff I use so often. Unlike his prior furniture mod, where items were grouped together nicely, his new mod had every item separate as I built several items and found no upgrade options. I loved his Animations Ploppable mod where he stored 28 different versions in one menu item. It would have been so much better had he grouped together all benches under one bench with many upgrades, or one lamp with many lamp upgrades.

I also liked where Drazicdesign put his Animations Ploppable mod, under the Packs section in the Beach/Buildings/Custom area where there was nothing. I suggest modders start looking for better places to place mods, like in the rarely used Packs sections where there are so few items which are so rarely used. Like the Beach and Snow categories. Please don't junk up menu areas that are used frequently. Granted the Custom area of the Environment section is empty of standard items but the very useful Alternative Park should stay in front of other mod items. Same with the standard environment area especially where there are many useful environmental items that the mod items should show up behind them.

I did have some mods in areas I resented but after Drazicdesign placed his new furniture mod in the very useful environmental section ahead of the environmental items most needed then I decided to protest this ugly new trend. I deleted your Monumental Arch mod that I never got around to using because it caused me extra clicks for no good purpose. I also deleted Drazicdesign's train mod which required an hour of work finding his items, deleting them, and then replacing them with secpol's trains which I already was using as well. At least secpol placed his many trains in an appropriate section.

Please consider menu presentation for your mods, especially if they have many items. Consolidating like-kind items like lamps or benches would be most helpful in cutting down menu clutter. I don't mind running clock to activate an item to choose an upgrade. The other thing would be to see how to place them behind standard items. I'm betting it has something to do with the alphabet and how the individual items are labeled. Learning how to place new items behind standard ones would avoid wasting clicks for users who use the standard items.

From now on if an item is placed in the Environment section, main or custom, I won't download it no matter how much I'd love to have it. I use the standard and the Alternative Square Park too much to waste clicks trying to access them. Since Monty's Alternative Park is an environmental item it should always be allowed to be seen first. I love how he consolidated two versions in one menu item. You should learn that trick so your two monumental arches would only take up one menu item with an upgrade option.

15. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

seems like u guys need some more menus for xxl like we had for xl :p :D

16. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    Don't you want someone to slap me? Not man enough to do it yourself? You should be aware that when you mention a member's name in chat that member gets an alert. Don't forget that discretion is the better part of valor, if you're going to mention my name in anger be more stealthy about it. :p

Please don't assume that what's easy for you is easy for others. I don't mod and have absolutely no interest in it. I do videos and I leave modding to those who like it. I show their work off in my videos, that's my specialty. I like to help the XXL community by showing how cool the game is and how cool so many mods are so that more will play XXL and use this website to get cool mods. If I don't use a mod I won't show it off in my videos.

I decided to take the heat from the fanboy base to make a point about menu presentation and for modders be more careful in the future. I hope I explained my concerns well enough so all can understand the problem I experience.

I rated axel's first two citybuildings packs poorly to draw attention to a very bad flaw with those buildings, that at large populations like my 7.1 or 11 million Paris city his buildings were showing up red for services when other buildings around show up yellow/orange. Thankfully I did it just before he released his 3rd pack and he indeed fixed those buildings to react to services like all other buildings. I just did a video today, going up on YouTube tomorrow, that shows his first two packs and how his third one fixed the problem. I also showed that even the Paradigm satisfaction building from the awesome Ploppable Sandbox v4.72 mod couldn't fix the problem. Axel did post fixes the other day to his first two packs but they had a new problem so he had to revert to his older version. He started a conversation with me (very discreet mode of communication) about fixing the problem and I sent him my email address so he could send me files for me to betatest before he has to post them here. Hopefully he'll get the problems figured out for the first two packs soon so all of his buildings will perform as they should for services and everyone who uses them will benefit once they get the new download. My one 1-star rating has since been deleted by me to be replaced soon with a 5-star one.

I gave fayeddd's new Regatta Jakarta Residences mod a 4-star rating because the tax income was wimpy. He fixed it and now the Regatta is my favorite elite building as it cranks out 2,880C instead of 576C or the standard 720C for elite high density. I deleted the old 4-star rating and gave him a 5-star rating with a good bit about how high the tax income is.

Speaking of Gods I see Altiris just posted a new 2.06 version of the all-important Community Mod. I hope Monty would like to help with this problem about better menu presentation, or how to correct a bad one in a current mod. I would like to use some of the new mods in the Environment section if they don't present problem with causing me to use too many clicks to access the items I use most often.

17. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

kipate likes this.
  18. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

OMG it doens't work, someone can tell me how to change the file in the download button? Thank you :)

No it's ok I found it xD

19. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor