1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

2nd uv issues

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Mr.X², Sep 4, 2016.

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi mates,
    im having some troubles with my 2nd uv channel...
    it seems like it made some faces as dots when packing it... i didnt noticed it and created lod2 and lod1 out of lod3
    after i finsihed everything and wanted to render lightmap on lod1 i noticed this issue
    so my question now is how can i fix it for ALL lods? without redoing the other lods of course..
    is this even possible?

2. axel

axel Governor

you have somme screens my friend maybe i reconize it?

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

the problem is, that the original 2nd uv channel is not able to display a nice nightlight and ambient occlusion
    i can change (correct the dot-mapped-faces of) the 2nd uv channel of each lod by hand, but the problem is that they wont meet each other exaclty in their positioning and the result would look wrong... or i would have to ignore tech-specs and render a own map for each lod.. or do 1st uv channel nightlights^^

uv channel pics:

the entire lod1 2nd uv channel:
    all.JPG

the dot-faces at high-zoom: zoom.JPG

pics of resulting issue (example on ambient occlusion (lightmap)):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

Well re- doing distinct 2nUV maps for each lod does work and wont crash the game and is probably the quicker fix solution

axel and Mr.X² like this.
  5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

ok, will do that if the solution monty just told me wont work properly :)
    i corrected 2nd uv channel on lod 1 and copied + detached the concered faces
    then deleted those faces on lod 2 & 3 and attached the copied ones
    hope that will work :D

axel likes this.
  6. axel

axel Governor

did it worked?

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

will see when nightlights are done, but ambient occlusion looks fine so far (y)
    but im procastinating and started the gate-model since im not good in placing them^^