1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

3D moddlers sharing with skyline?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Tyndale, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Tyndale

Tyndale Vagabond

I am not sure if am allowed to post it here but i will ask anyway.

Have anyone thought of sharing their 3D models so players using cities skyline can also enjoy those buildings?

It does not need to be complicated like it is in XL. All you need to do is just convert your models in fbx and it can be used in skyline.

It be really nice if you can share your talent over with that game! :) So more of your work is shown else where! :)

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

most models made for cxl cant be used in csl ;)
    thats because of different specifications like triangle-count, different maps and stuff
    but yeah, since modding for csl seems to be a lot easier i guess we will get a lot of stuff :)

3. Tyndale

Tyndale Vagabond

Thanks but Does not matter. :) It can be edit by modders to fit specification. :) I can do it if it comes around to that! :) 2000 polygon be sufficient for a building. 10000 for a monument.

It was all done through max or some software anyway. :) Since XL does not make it easy in the start.

So i do wish it be possible that the creators can also share their excellent creation! :) As skyline is the next big thing for the next 10 years if paradox remains. :) Why keep your assets lock into one game? All the hard work trapped! :(

They can show of their talent to more fans! :) I certainly would enable this if it means more can see my artwork. :)

4. Tyndale

Tyndale Vagabond

Is there no one interested? Even MaxisGuillaume gave thumbs up for skyline.
    https://twitter.com/MaxisGuillaume/status/573513128480108544

I would share my models with skyline if its going to help promote my work. :)

Also heard simcity studio closes?

It is doing very well! :) And all you guys would love it! :)