1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

3DS Max Not Available At Autodesk?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Merrilkl Maddox, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Merrilkl Maddox

Merrilkl Maddox Executive

Hello all,
    I have been playing around with CXL for a couple years, and am just now attempting to create some mods. I believe I would be able to contribute a lot to CXL, CXXL, and Xl nation if I could find out how the mods are created and installed.

I have been reading tutorials for about 2 days now, and all the tools I have found require 3ds Max 2012, however, 2012, is an old issue, and is no longer available.

I have been modeling for about 10 years, using 3ds Max, Blender, Maya, Gmax, and Sketchup.

If anyone could please direct me to where I need to be, I would really appreciate it.
    Also When I downloaded the Pak-Unpack tool, I found that even given a language choice, it will only install in French.

My goal is to be able to create content as well as maps, using google earth overlays, However that is done.

Thanks so much for your help.

Below is a couple sample images of my 3D work.

Royal Gorge Bridge
    [​IMG]
    Porsche 911
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Sake Set
    [​IMG]

Thanks again.

2. Merrilkl Maddox

Did not know how to upload the images in the thread, I found out. LOL

car 1000.jpg Dragon_2.png HiPoly11.png Saki2.png

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

you can change language of pak-unpak easily to english. just go to options and tick english, then restart the program, and voila :)
    about max 2012, yeah, thats a shame.. the only legal thing you can do about this is using the new artist-viewer-tool that came along with xxl. its standalone and you can use any 3d software that can handle .fbx file format. so for example max2015
    you can get the new artist-viewer here: http://focus-files.com/files/citiesxl/ArtistSuiteSetup.10.4.0.14.exe
    http://www2.citiesxl.com/en/game-steam
    PS: you can of course still use the old tutorials made for max2012, the only thing different is how to export your model to cxl

4. Merrilkl Maddox

Mr.X Pleased to meet you.

I have the Pac-Unpack set to English now, Thank you!

I am going to download the Artist Suite Setup now, and give that a go. I have Maya, 3ds Max 14 and 15 both, Blender, and I found a copy of 2008 Sketchup, so one of them should work, since I am proficient in all of them. However, I read on another post that this may only work for XXL. So, it's off to steam to download the new XXL.

I was trying to avoid that though, since I have heard that it is more of a patch for Platinum, rather than a new game.

Very grateful for all your help! Maybe now I can contribute to the cause! LOL:sneaky:

5. Merrilkl Maddox

Please turn your attention to my thread "3d Trial Mods" in the "Modding Help Quarter".

See you there, Thanks. :dm9: