1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

A Business Will Open Here Soon.... And nothing happens

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by stilldawn, Jul 7, 2017.

1. stilldawn

stilldawn Vagabond

Hi All

Building a city and was quite large 300k pop or so. Everything going well as I've been playing this game for awhile.

Now I started on my CBD area, and did a few blueprints (Empire Estate etc).

During building them economy went to crap and a bunch of high density office and hightech plots went vacant (as in the buildings disappeared).

However I have finished the blue prints and my trade is all in order as in not lacking any resources etc and now the plots say "A business will open here soon"

However nothing happens no new businesses are opening, I tried deleting a few zones and then redoing the zones but nothing happens, letting the game run and nothing builds.

Most of my high density office/hightech is now like this...

Must be a bug right? Any idea how to fix?

Regards

2. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Sounds like a beginner's mistake. You built too fast without paying attention to resources. High office needs 3 types of population, high tech, hotel and quality. High tech needs 3 types of population, office, passenger and manufacturing (so I remember). Your problem is that the office does not grow because you do not have high tech and high tech does not develop because it does not have office. (But you may lack more resources)

kipate likes this.
  3. kipate

kipate Governor

Don't forget that high-tech needs manufacturing industry, and manufacturing industry needs heavy industry :D

Project_Oz likes this.
  4. Inan

Inan Governor

Also take care about the availability of passenger service (Offices) and freight service (Hightech)...

5. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

I import offices so it is only slightly negative. That allows industry to grow so that more offices will be built.
    I keep adjusting the office import so that there is always a small demand for more.

6. stilldawn

stilldawn Vagabond

Not a beginner mistake lol. Been playing this game for years and just started again.

Everything was perfect, all green and positive in tokens. My high tech was there and operating fine, my offices were there and operating fine.

I did some blue prints, which screwed the token counts (you know by assigning to the project, having to import more etc).

During the blueprints building the office/hightech demand went down (probably due to excess imports as I was swapping between 4 blue prints. The offices and hightech then shut up shop.

Blue prints are now completed and tokens are back to normal. Every single token is green now, but the offices and high tech are not regrowing, they have all the resources they need... labor, manufacturing, freight, etc etc.

Any ideas on this?

kipate likes this.
  7. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Try deleting and replacing a few building lots at a time.

8. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Switch between zoning and building alone, then build 1 office and click on it to bring up the info (In this way your office will no't turn back in a plot and you can see what resources it needs). Most of the time, it does not develop because it does not have the necessary resources.

9. stilldawn

stilldawn Vagabond

To fix, I had to delete all high density office and high tech plots...

Then go through and put them down again in a slow manner, they rebuilt fine then.

Project_Oz likes this.