1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Ajdiēba

A city in Regrana

1. raulv87

raulv87 Elite

raulv87 submitted a new resource:

Ajdiēba - A city in Regrana

Read more about this resource...

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Very nice city, and I dare to say that you tried harder than the last times,
    regarding e.g. the amount of time invested into executing that esplanade/promenade ;)
    One suggestion was to use some pedestrian path mod by uokiok, you will be able to have
    ped path stairs, rather than just ped paths.
    Transportation - Uokiok - Pedestrian Paths - XXL | XLNation - Cities XXL
    Others then that, your city looks very interesting.
    A last suggestion for the streets in a very hilly area.
    I know that you cannot avoid any slight ups and downs of the streets,
    and that it is hard to place streets over the water,
    but you for instance use both of the following options:
    1) for the hilly parts, use first Over Water Roads by pharmist, they should work also
    in XXL, at least from what I heard in another thread, otherwise ask someone before.
    When you directly connect two streets, those over water roads will ignore the terrain,
    i.e. there will not be ups and downs. When you then have made some grid with over water roads,
    place some water plaza or greenery plaza (NO absolutely flat texture) within the frames that you got
    by the road grid. And afterwards use normal roads and replace the over water roads from intersection to intersection. Afterwards, replace the plazas, and place your buildings there.
    2) for over water parts of streets, you again use over water roads first and connect two streets with each
    other, at best at same height. Then for that rather long over water road part, make some intersections
    about every 20m of that road, i.e. place some small over water roads there.
    Afterwards, replace the over water roads with normal roads of same, again from intersection to intersection.
    It does not have to be a road of the same width, but that would help when the roads is not a straight line.
    One note: when it is a curve over water, delete the small roads of two intersections first, then place the normal road in between. When it is a straight line, you can delete the intersecting small roads afterwards...
    I hope that was clear :)

raulv87 likes this.
  3. raulv87

raulv87 Elite

Hi! Good, that you like this city and thanks for the tips. I will use the stairs for sure :)
    Yeah, the Grassy Marshlands map is quite challenging because of the big elevation differences and I have never liked "bumpy" roads that go up and down, up and down. At first I doubted, if I should use this map at all, but it has worked out fine this far. I'll try some day, if the pharmist mod works. Your instructions got clear after reading 4 times :D. Thanks for your time you spend teaching me :). This mod could be useful when I start building my capital to the Lake on the Plain, that has also some hills, and improving Ajdieba to show other parts of the city in the future. At first I want to complete Jerbina, though. There are some huge challenges there as well... :D

kipate likes this.