1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Alcalá

A mid-sized city in the north

1. ailo

ailo Executive

ailo submitted a new resource:

Alcalá - A mid-sized city

Read more about this resource...

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Btw, regarding the monorail:
    In my Chinese City, I tried to avoid the problem with the pillars on roads by placing two one-way 15m roads there, and having a gap of 20 metres in between where I afterwards placed the monorail. Also, instead of the commons street intersections, I tried to use more roundabouts, so the monorail did not have to get over a huge area of road asphalt. It worked out quite well, I really have no pillars on the roads.

But of course, this was because the map I have been playing on so far only gave a few choices for a monorail, so I could plan ahead. The map you played on gave probably more options for the monorail, so it is quite difficult to choose before.

ailo likes this.
  3. ailo

ailo Executive

Aye, that's a smart way!

4. kipate

kipate Governor

Here, this is what I mean:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And it is better for sharp curves:
    [​IMG]

ailo likes this.
  5. ailo

ailo Executive

and you can fill that circle with plazas as a monorail station! thats cool.

6. kipate

kipate Governor

Indeed, you can fill it, but you need to be careful, sometimes the game engine does not allow filling it with plazas (not surrounded by streets...). You can avoid this by making a frame of 20m x 20m with pedestrian paths in the center of the roundabout and then putting the station into the middle of the frame and the plaza around. Of yourse, the pedestrian paths then have to intersect with some part of the roundabout.

7. ailo

ailo Executive

Yeah that's a perfect solution, you are an expert of details!

8. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, thank you! But as said, it needs a lot of planning before. You need to know where to place the residential areas, where to place the working areas, otherwise your monorail trains will be empty :p

On the other hand, depending on the map, you could use the monorail as some kind of distributor train when you do not want to make a circle with it:
    Let the monorail connect the most important squares in the city with some important squares or points in the subcenters and suburbs, and then have buses be leading to specific zones. For example, put a monorail station next to a large road intersection with one road leading e.g. to an industrial area. Then have a bus station close by and the bus running to the industrial area. Of course, the bus does not need to end at the monorail station, it could additionally run through another suburb or similar...

Once again, this is just an opinion. The monorail mod is still kind of new, so we still need to make our own experiences with it, as on the one hand, it acts different than the common metro due to the monorail running overground, on the other hand, it acts the same, as it has a similar range.

ailo likes this.
  9. kipate

kipate Governor

Love the Images of the Suburbian Park, well done with the decoration! And you apparentely got an eye for details ;)

ailo likes this.
  10. kipate

kipate Governor

First CJ and already a bunch of excellent ratings (y)
    So now, the expectations will rise with each new city of yours :p

11. ailo

ailo Executive

Haha, i havn't expected that it could be so many ratings... All of them think that the city is so damn small but they all gave me 5 stars... I think it will be a motivation for me.

kipate likes this.
  12. needspeed17

needspeed17 Elite

楼主我想问下你p图用的什么软件啊,调色看起来很不错

13. Игорь

Игорь Elite

I want built my new city in this map)