1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Altiris Projects

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Altiris, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Here is a beta for the CuldeSac mod, if anyone would like to test and provide feedback that would be great, if it works ok then I can make the other road types and different sizes.

There is only 1 and it is 15m US, found under Custom Content.

it's the same as placing a road, so start to place it from the end of a 15m Road, it will only allow it to be built up to 30m long.

snap the houses around it and fill in with plaza first, then upgrade so it displays the correct model.

Cheer Al

Attached Files:

lecram79, luis diogo, Spock and 5 others like this.
  2. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

The cul-de-sac mod back on Cities XL. Will you release it on the XLEX?

3. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think he's bother doing the other road types if he wasn't going to release them to the XLEX.

4. Spock

Spock Executive

it works very fine (y)

5. Myname

Myname Mayor

Very good ;)

6. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Hi Alt, I installed the patch but I can't see it in game, I hit custom button, tried everything. All I see is your avenue splitter and some of 15m seawalls by PaulChris.

7. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

It`s for US roads Nicko. Maybe that´s the problem...

Altiris, this seems to work very fine. There is a small visual glitch once you upgrade and a small area can´t be covered with areas or plazas. It still looks fine if you're filling with grass ones, but not so good with concrete or others.
    It's just a minor thing and i guess it happens due to the square base being a little bigger than the cul de sac itself. Don´t know if it's possible to change this, making the square invisible base smaller. Just a little detail tough.

8. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

ah yeah thanks forget to see what road I was using will try again, also is 15m == small road? the one below the small avenue

9. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

yes, it's the one below small avenue, but it's called road and not small road.
    Roads are 15m and small roads are 10.

10. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

ah yeah thanks again! the road is the standard size for building most small housing zones so sounds great. Not sure if a different sizes would be needed. Then again maybe a small avenue for med/high rise

11. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

looks good but can be a bit tricky to place all houses around it? managed to place 2 that connect but the third one I struggle. will try again.

gamescreen0004.jpg

12. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

I agree with Nicko about the need for more roads sizes. We will probably be using this in residential suburbs, which mainly will have roads (15m large).

I guess it's a lot of work to make different road sizes.
    I'd rather see it in your esplanade project. Your standard 15m esplanade road has already lead to several fantastic alternatives (amazing work from Paul J Chris) which really changed the way we play this game.

13. sodsal75

sodsal75 Unskilled Worker

Great job .
    I wanted to ask how come I can not see the menu in, your project esplanade road ( beta ) downloaded from the old site.
    It ' a matter of TAGS and what else?

14. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

You need default roads set in order to see them. Won't work with other road types.

15. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

This is so very nice! I requested this years ago. It's finally (almost) here.
    Thank you Altiris!

16. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Can you perhaps make some cul-de-sacs with a circle in the middle, like for flora and possibly even monument objects and such?

17. kipate

kipate Governor

Maybe you could use some no-collision stuff, downloadable on XLN, and put
    monuments and such there yourself! And don't tell me there were no such mods...
    It is just about your will to look for creative solutions that will either let you fail or let you have fun!

18. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

I have an unofficial version 1.2 of Altiris' unpublished 15 Esplanade Road that I adapted to show in the menu for all road types. I did send this to Altiris but he I think he wanted to maker different models for each road type which is a lot of work. I can understand why this never got completed. In the meantime I can make this unofficial V1.2 available to interested parties, but only with the permission of Altiris.

19. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

You obviously didn't understand my request. I wasn't asking for monuments and no-collision mods, I was asking if he could possibly consider making extra cul-de-sacs with circles in the middle in which we could places such objects and possibly even flora also. Some examples if you really need them:

cul-de-sac-aerial-suburb-24550109.jpg

DanChung.jpg

20. Altiris

Altiris Governor

So it seems to be working fine? great! I can do the other texture variations (Default, french, german, UK on this weekend. Then I'll upload to XLEX.

Thanks Paul, I've actually made some more changes to it, I've got textures for all road types and 15m, 25m and 30m variations, it's nearly finished so will be able to publish soon.