1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Amanpour

N.U.R.s' Western Diamond

1. Inan

Inan Governor

Inan submitted a new resource:

Amanpour - N.U.R.s western diamond

Read more about this resource...

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Impressive use of Aitortilla's Paris pack! (y)

Inan likes this.
  3. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

:xllove:GREAT CITY BUILDER
    你太厉害了,我很佩服你!
    :boww:

Inan likes this.
  4. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks Monty! Indeed the pack and the unlimited version did the work. :D
    And your 110 mods too... :)

5. Inan

Inan Governor

:rolleyes::D

Thx!

6. kipate

kipate Governor

It is looking surreal because of several factors:

The least important one is surely that you have put a rather French looking city into a state that aims to resemble the US/North America(don't tell me your cities would not look American). But there is no Canadian city that looks like this, nor is there a city in Louisiana looking like this.

De Cleerk in this way surely has been more of a success to me, as it has Dutch elements being concentrated within one district, the old town. Why not creating a new state for Amanpour?

What is more important to me is your planning: you placed a monorail directly next to the main boulevard. Ask yourself what this would look like if done in Vienna... Yeah, people would love that they could not look at the buildings anymore.

Also it looks like the city fell from heaven onto earth within the 19th century. Why are there no older buildings? And why are there not more modern buildings? Some social housing districts, for example.

And where are the roundabouts for the viewing axis? Champs Élysée does have several...

Then for the CXL player-related parts: nice work with the rail system. But the aligned roads have not been chosen very wisely. Some esplanades by Altiris or some promenades by PaulJChris would have looked better, especially because they do have some kind of fences on the edges.

As said minor points, though...

7. Inan

Inan Governor

8. Inan

Inan Governor

9. kipate

kipate Governor

Lovely update! As always, your suburbs look great! And the hotels are really nicely decorated!
    Well done!

Inan likes this.
  10. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Went through the CJ again and loved it even more than the 1st time. Why can't I give a 5-star rating more times?! Whyyyyyy???? :b13:

Inan likes this.
  11. Inan

Inan Governor

Haha, thank you Pepino! :D

12. Inan

Inan Governor

13. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

well done with those nature views !

Inan likes this.
  14. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Hi Inan. I'd really like to see a traffic and roads map of this gorgeous city. Any chance?

15. Inan

Inan Governor

Hi there! Hmm, let's see what i can do about a traffic map... If you like to see the street layout, there are already two pics of it in the Spoiler "intro pictures". Or do you mean something else?

16. veija2

veija2 Mayor

No, that's what I mean. Somehow I missed the two you have in the intro that show traffic; thanks. For some reason I thought there was more to the city . . . the shots you have are what I was looking for.

17. Inan

Inan Governor

:D Well, this isn't a traffic map, the pics are showing the passenger capacity or whatever it's called. I actually just chose that option to show the street layout in the best visible way. If you still would like to see a map of the traffic flow, i can do it. But i doubt it is worth it LOL

kipate likes this.
  18. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Not a biggie. I was just curious.

19. Inan

Inan Governor

XOUSTE likes this.
  20. kipate

kipate Governor

Of course, the updates are all nice, I love to see your progress with selfmade no-collision buildings, you have improved a lot. I guess that's one of the main reasons for the "wow" feeling that people get when they look at your screenshots, there is always something to surprise them with those selfmade buildings :)

P.S.: I personally still think it is not your best CJ, albeit it has meanwhile become this :p