1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Amusement Park By Uokiok v1.10

Amusement Park for your City bu Uokiok

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

IcyHot submitted a new resource:

Amusement Park by Uokiok - Amusement Park for your City bu Uokiok

Read more about this resource...

2. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

I wish this was updated for new XXL...

OmniusPrime likes this.
  3. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I beta tested this Amusement Park by Uokiok 1.10 in XXL and get this error message when I build one of the 3 amusement park items. I can place an item and start the clock running a few seconds as it builds then the game crashes to desktop with this error message:

s_EffectFactory_CreateCompliedEffect Error

D3DComplie has failed

File : <Data/Shader/#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx>
    Error : <IncShadow.fx(246.,9): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    IncVSOut.fx(147,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities
    XXL\data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(58,9) warning X3206: implicit
    truncation of vector type
    XXL\Data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(64,9): warning X3206: implicit
    XXL\Data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(66,25): warning X3206:
    implicit truncation of vector type
    XXL\Data\Shader_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(74,9): warning X3206: implicit
    XXL\Data\Shader_NIGHT_LIGHHTNING.fx(75,9): warning X3206: implicit
    XXL\Data\Shader_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(77,11): warning X3206
    implicit truncation of vector type
    XXL\Data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(102,3): Unrecognized state
    ‘AlphaBlendEnable’
    >
    Press OK to Retry

I end up having to use task manager to end the program as the click to retry is endless. It looks like some kind of shading error, something to do with NIGHT_LIGHTNING.

I have the mod - Fix for old mods shader crash errors (XXL) 1.0 by Monty. I have the latest Community Mod 2.08 as well as the Furniture Dependency pack 1.7 mod. I have other Uokiok mods that work fine although I think I've tried some that didn't.

I hope some modder can figure out what the problem is and can get this awesome amusement park mod working in XXL which lacks amusement parks. Is there a solution by tweaking a shader mod in XXL? Can this mod be updated for XXL perhaps skipping the shader problem encountered here? I sure hope someone can get this mod working for XXL as it would certainly fill a hole in the game's buildings.

cjpavel likes this.
  4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

mrmajkl,
    Your request has been granted, check out Monty's new Fix for old mods shader crash errors (XXL) 1.1 out now. It indeed fixes the amusement park to work in XXL now. See me place these amusement park rides in XXL and show how they work and what minor things don't still.

5. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I've finally grown my Monterey city to a point where I could build my version of Dennis the Menace park. I used the awesome three pieces of amusement rides from this awesome amusement park mod to make my amusement area much more cool looking. I show this off in the third segment of this video so you have to have patience, or fast forward, to reach the desired point showing this.