1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Maps Anchorage, Alaska Request

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Artmaster, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

I'm surprised the Anchorage map doesn't already exist. It has an international airport that connects Asia, Russia, Europe and North America, it has a huge bay for sea transportation and shipping, and the best part of all for city makers is...it's super flat. The outskirts of Anchorage have very large mountains, but the city itself is rather..well, pancake flat.

Anchorage would be a great map for texturing high elevations for ski resorts and keeping the lower areas normal as if it were in spring or summer for creating a more normal city; which it's fairly normal, considering its highway interchanges, clean-modern downtown and interesting history.

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll have a look at this one but can't make any promises yet.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just pieced together this quickly from Google Maps. It's 10.5 x 10.5km.
    The airports there as well as a bit of the city area
    anchorage.jpg

To do a map with everything (airport port city and mountains) means the map would not be to scale

4. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Thanks for taking a look! That looks like a good crop of the city...dang, I didn't realize just how sprawling Anchorage is, that looks like half of it...that airport alone would be huge project.

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm sure other members would love the challenge of building it.
    I'm finishing up a map of Dublin at the moment and will give the Anchorage map a go next.

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just finished laying out the base in World Machine
    Anchorage.JPG

7. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Nice!

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member