1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement

Discussion in 'Countries XL Information' started by Dreian, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Greetings everyone!... and welcome to the COUNTRIES XL Project.

After long months & a new website, we are ready to launch! But first, let's get refresh our memory with a quick overview about what's COUNTRIES XL is about.

Like the spirit behind XL Nation we want to propose to you to "Share/ Extend/ Enjoy" in a new way Cities XL and give the XLNation community a "multiplayer" experience.

How about building and populating a planet all together with cities that are part of countries you are ruling?

You are in? Then... welcome to Alpha Centauri & to COUNTRIES XL

How does it work?

In COUNTRIES XL, you join a team and create a "country" with other members of XLN. You will define a gameplay strategy and make choices to specialize your cities.

We want to feel that your cities are linked together in any way you may find suitable. We want unique cities & unique countries with their stories, with their unique landmarks. We want rural areas & megapolis, touristic resorts & industrial complexes. Maybe your team will decided building a USA style city? or European? Asian? Or totally different?

Show us what you are capable of!

COUNTRIES XL spirit is more of a cooperation than a competition.

Our moderation team will animate the project with small events, in order to make you win some special features for your city. Maybe you'll be the only city on Alpha Centauri to host the "Tour Eiffel" or/and the "Petronas Towers"? How about that? Don't you feel already the excitement & the glory that awaits you? :))

Soon we will be filling the different parts of this forum to let you understand more in details any aspect of the gameplay and start the recruitment of players!

See you soon on Alpha Centauri!

Pamascus27 likes this.
  2. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I'm definitely in ever since this project was realized at the old XLN!
    This is going to be an amazing adventure I'll be joining in and I can't wait
    for it to begin! :D

3. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

4. kipate

kipate Governor

And you don't need to build e.g. the Petronas Twin Towers.
    If your cities consist of rather flat houses, and the CBD's skyscrapers
    are not that tall, a building like the Twin Towers would rather
    lessen your country's identity...

5. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Wow that sounds amazing Dreian and also sounded always! I can't wait and i'm joining this for sure :D

6. cityguru

cityguru Unskilled Worker

I really like this idea! +1. But how about the rescources part i've have a few questions about that?
    +Are those only linked mods with this country like. their own traffic signs , flags , skyscrapers , shops , landmarks , maps and etc. Fictional ones or also real life onces?
    +Did their have modders who did work for all City Journal makes , like requests or did the journal maker need to make mods on their own?
    +Did they need to share a download link with all mods from their folder and the city , so everybody can download the city and play with it? If its yes do we have toturials about how to do that?
    +Is there a google map like google itself with Streetview , icons and road options??? Every planet: Mars , Earth , Moon , Titan , Venus , The Sun and even the whole sky have it. And every country. I can share you a link how to make a panorama from yust scrath pictures. If the link still works. And how gonna progam that?
    +Is it free for costing money?
    +And did we get a MediaWiki page? For all the countries and city states information?
    +And where did we get a share a country topic for accepting or ignoring the new CJ's?
    +Wich contest did we get like: Cities XL Olympic games or XLNsongfestival?
    Thank you.

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  7. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

guys, just be a bit patient. I am on a small trip these days, but you will be getting more info till the end of the week, i promise.

cityguru likes this.
  8. Myname

Myname Mayor

What's a very good idea ! :D

9. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Nice to see you've decided to start it. I've already forgotten about it (again ;)). I'm not that active regarding the game itself but I'd like to join anyway.

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  10. Steven H. Endermann

@royb 98 I love your signature game!

11. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

12. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Ooh nice, a new signature. :p