1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Bob's Projects

Discussion in 'Projects' started by bobqwerty, Sep 10, 2014.

1. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

Project One
    Bob's Basic Balance Mod (including Light version)

The main purpose of this mod is to reduce the burden with large cities crashing or lagging. It has several minor tweaks in order to halt the number of calculations needed for the simulation. It reduces the number of agents per building (i.e. when multiple citizens share the same building or too many ressources are produced per building). Agents should be spread out accross more buildings. So you should place more buildings per map.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Project Two
    Bob's Small Office Pack 1

Project Two consists of a Small Office Pack. T1 Low-rise offices. They're highly detailed low-poly models. All textures are replaced or reworked.

Small Office 1 Main Title - Tight.png

Project Three
    Bob's Soccer fields

Society3.jpg

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Project Four
    Riverfront Market Warehouse
    Pics loading... effing 4K!

Project Five
    Bob's Small Office Pack 2
    l9aTh3o.png

2. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

great so far :)

3. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Wow bobqwerty they look very promising! Hope to see more :)

4. Monty

Monty Governor

Hey, very nice projects! I'm intrigued about your first project. I would test it if I had a big city :p I guess I'll have to wait for other people's reviews.

Your models look really nice, the textures are very well done and new low density buildings are very much needed. Keep the good work!

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Very, very nice buildings.

6. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

very nice work - some of these might suite the modding tutorial project. It is quite a good idea to start with a completed model and "reconstruct " it in stages if you are trying to make a tutorial.

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

looks promising (y)

8. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Great ideas! Anything to reduce lag will always be appreciated. I'll try out the beta if I ever manage get a larger city built.

Those buildings look great as well! The game could definitely use more mid/low-rises.

9. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Project 2 looks great, I'm always looking for more T1 and T2 buildings so I'm really looking forward to this :)

10. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

these look good :)

11. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Those are really nice buildings! Too bad your 1st project is only for Platinum...

12. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

Go on, Bob! These projects are nice.

13. OokamiChan

OokamiChan Unskilled Worker

Your buildings look great. I really like the last one that have an wall where the neighbouring house have been torn down.
    There is one idea I would try to put seed in your brain and that is dirt.

Regards
    OokamiChan

14. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Great project! Hope to see them soon in the game!

15. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

Thanks everyone! I wish I had more time to put on it. I'm graduating this year.. I'm doing my best.

I accidentaly overwritted the 2012 version. /Facepalm. I will resume that Project and try to release a 2012 version when I finish texturing the offices.

16. Myname

Myname Mayor

Look's great ! :D
    Congratulation ^^

17. Mets

Mets Skilled Worker

Bob,

Please don't abandon this project! The small offices are needed so badly and they look fantastic. That corner office looks especially useful. If I have one suggestion after looking at what you have now, I'd say to add some more roof junk. I don't know how time consuming it is to do that but the best models have good looking roofs.

I remember on the old forum there were a couple of projects somewhat like this and those modders never finished their work, they just abandoned the project and never returned. So please Bob, don't do that, because I think we're all really looking forward to these now.

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see the finished versions.

18. cityguru

cityguru Unskilled Worker

Can you share it with dropbox instead of zippyshare??? i have difficulties with it. i will try if its for 2012.

19. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

I'm a bit stalled waiting for LOD tutorials and such. Don't worry, I'm commencing other projects in the meantime. Here're some images from a Sports Pack.

I can't get Nvidia Photoshop tools to work with PS too, so I'm sticking with Crazybump to create Bump/Normal maps. I've tried 3 versions of PS portable. My last resort is an old CS2 hard copy sitting around *somewhere*. =P

I'm still in the proccess of reducing complexity. Poly count was 25K for the "camp couvert" and 50K for the society soccer field. I plan to release that society soccer field if poly count is under 6K, it's almost 7K as I'm writing this. (Those pesky soccer shelters are 1,2K)

They are 40x80m and 130x100m, respectively.
    15361619105_015239a7eb_b.jpg
    15174857429_54a2550e28_b.jpg

MuxLee and Nogerivan like this.
  20. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

those look great :love:
    what exactly you want know about creating lods? or just everything?
    im sure we can give you some good advices before the tutorial has been finished :)