1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Bridges mixed up?

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by nicknick, Apr 20, 2018.

1. nicknick

nicknick Governor

I have a pretty peculiar issue here. . . i tried to find a reason behind it, still i can't find any. . .

I press the button to lay down three of Aitortilla01's older bridges and all three of them are laid down as "Verrazano bridges". . .

Things have been working all right, i have used all of these bridge types and as long as they have been constructed they appear ok, but any new effort "calls" another bridge. . .

??

Bridges replaced from here: Transportation - Aitortilla01's Bridge Pack
    Bridge that replaces them here: Transportation - Verrazano-Narows Bridge

Example:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have already removed any new mods i have installed last days
    I still haven't tried to remove the affected set and reinstall it, still how on earth this would solve the issue?

Thank you in advance. . .

2. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Of course, removing the Verrazano bridge addon, the original bridges are not affected and get constructed as they should. . .still i cannot understand what's going on and this is not a proper solution if i want to keep the Verrazano bridge anyway. . .

:mad::(:cautious:

3. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Recently I made a version for XXL,
    Did you try it?
    Transportation - Verrazano-Narows Bridge - XXL

4. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Yes, done it. . . bridges still verrazan-ificated :)

5. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

I have the same problem but i like using Verrazzano bridge too much

6. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

7. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Yes i have. . . ughghh. . .

Thing is that everything worked normal. . . bridges from the affected set that have already been constructed are not affected at all and loaded as they should. I just can't add any new.

I removed ALL mods, except UIM and the two bridge sets and problem persists.
    I also added a "z" after the affected set to load it last. . . still same thing.

My question is: all these "data" files from mods. . . when game is loaded. . . how do they work? are they directed to some kind of stored data or config game file that is somehow stored and maybe corrupted?

Reason i ask is because it does not seem to me as a mod related issue but more of a game file issue. Everything workled fine and after a bridge upgrade everything started acting weird with the specific set. . .

It's no big deal, or game changer. . . I have found a so and so work-around solution. . . to work with both bridge sets. . . meaning erasing all Verrazano bridges i have constructed / then erasing the mod too, laying all other bridges i want and then reinstalling the Verrazano bridge mod back and remaking the bridges, still it's not a proper solution and thing is everything worked normal up to now.

I am also thinking of re-installing the game but i won't dare doing so :oops: till the competition ends to avoid any unwanted drama lol :rolleyes::D