1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL 2012 Bug on roads

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by magg5693, Sep 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. magg5693

magg5693 Skilled Worker

I finished my city but now I have this bug in ALL my city. I'm playing in XL 2012.

I replaced the roads, but at a later time this bug reappeared. I tried improving graphic quality but that didn't resolve the problem.

Did I 'lose' my city? Is there a solution?

Attached Files:

• 1111.jpg
      1111.jpg
      File size:
      750.9 KB
      Views:
  2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Try clearing your shadercache and restart XL
    C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\live\shadercache

3. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

The slope of the road is rendered just under the surface. You can try breaking up the road in smaller lengths or try drawing the section in bridge mode. It just a visual glitch and doesn't affect the traffic.

4. magg5693

magg5693 Skilled Worker

I tried clearing the shadercache, I have replaced almost all roads, but the bug is still there, even bridges are 'eaten' by the ground.

Attached Files:

• rrr.jpg
      rrr.jpg
      File size:
      361.1 KB
      Views:
  5. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Try flattening the ground?

6. magg5693

magg5693 Skilled Worker

Even flat ground...

Attached Files:

7. brendonwright1989

I can't help you, but this did happen with a city of mine with both the roads and with plazas - the natural ground would grow over it or something - there was nothing I could do, however it only appeared like this when I was zoomed it at a relatively close range - it happened after I had substantially built a lot in the city after months of play. I never resolved it because the city crashed at some point and I could not recover it - I know this doesn't help, but I definitely have had this issue before :(