1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Building stuck on delete bar

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by thefriendlyarab, Oct 17, 2020.

1. thefriendlyarab

thefriendlyarab Unskilled Worker

Hello, I am having an issue with the delete building sliding bar staying on one particular building. Is there any way it can be removed? I attached a screenshot.

Thanks!

imgur.com
    [​IMG]

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have only seen it hapen if the game is paused and you delete something. Not sure why if not paused why one building would do it.
    Do you have the name of the building/mod or is it a ingame building?

3. thefriendlyarab

Thanks for the reply :)

it is a mod and I can find it. There were 10x buildings of it and I deleted all of them, all but one got removed. do you know how I can maybe remove it?

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm not sure. Does the log show what happened when the delete started? Could be a line in there that shows an error.

5. thefriendlyarab

I am not sure. Could you direct me on how to pull the log and show you? I am not too familiar with how to.

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

For full details see
    All-you-need Tech Thread

You need to have hidden files and folders showing to find the log folder.
    Its location is C:\Users\*YourUsername*\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL\log

Open it with notepad or notepad++ and have a look through it. See if the mod building name is in there somewhere to pinpoint it.
    As its not causing a crash, posting the last ten or so lines won't really help.
    I'm just wondering if the delete process on that building remaining is causing a error that will show in the log.

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just a thought, have you got a save point you could go back to before you placed that area of buildings?

8. thefriendlyarab

think I may have it here. It is actually a building from the base game. It is one of the asian residences from the packs. Here is what it might be:

[14:27:04] SIMLAYOUT sltCoLayouts.cpp ( 173) Error [sltCoLayouts] : can't get layout : "Data/Design/Layout/Surface/MassPlacementTool/bldmap_PackAsie_Residence.layout" in prototype : "data/design/buildings/construction/massplacementtool/bldmap-packasie.class"
    [14:27:04] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file Data/Design/Layout/H_AllFri/h_m464_01_28_t4_Base.layout

I can send you the whole log if you would like

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Not sure what can be done apart from reverting back to a prevoius save. As the building deleted fine for the other copies you made then I don't think the building is at fault. I'm guessing somethings gone wonky with your save file.
    Maybe someone else here has had this happen before. Issue is there is not many players around now. You could try over at simcitychina

10. thefriendlyarab

no worries
    thanks for the reply.... i wish there was a more active community. lovely game!