1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings Buildings Of Liège

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by DtwizzY, Sep 11, 2014.

1. DtwizzY

DtwizzY Elite

2. DtwizzY

DtwizzY Elite

Someone to these two queries ??

Please :)

3. DtwizzY

DtwizzY Elite

4. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

I had a look: 23,000 triangles :(

blast furnice.png

what do we reckon simplification could reasonaby get it down to? - all those cylinders are racking up the triangle count - would need to be around 6000- 8000 triangles to be a viable game candidate LOD1

5. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

Here is the challenge - take the starting model imported in to Max download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/aay6a8l9ada86cq/Blast furnice starting sketchup model.max?dl=0 and reduce the triangle count to 8000 triangles or less.

This is typical sketchup model. It has flipped faces , unwelded vertices and significant parts of the model that are hidden and therefore can be deleted. If anyone wants practise at reducing triangle counts on complex sketchup models in order to get them useable for Cities XL , this will demonstrate to you why it is easier to start from scratch.

If someone has the patience , I will volunteer to texture the model , do all the maps and add a base. Merry Xmas.

6. DtwizzY

DtwizzY Elite

Hi,
    Wow this is beautiful! Forgive me, but my English is not at the top so if I understand you do not know the model achieve because there are too many triangles?
    Seeing the sub 3DSmax is already too cool, I hope you can do something to be able to play with CXL, I come from an industrial city and it dear to my heart to be able to reproduce this kind of site in my game ...

Thank you for the effort you make because I know that this is not an easy task!

My dream is to make this site in CXL:
    media_xl_889111.jpg