1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling the XL NATION community!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Drazicdesign, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Calling the XL NATION community!

As you've probably noticed, the Cities XL and XXL game is getting older, and the XL NATION site has lost activity ...

So to fix it I wonder, if we can, all together trying to do some kind of advertising on the STEAM site, to bring some new players to the site of XL NATION.

To do this, at first, I think we could add the logo "XL NATION" on the most beautiful cities of the site.
    Then just share the photo on STEAM,
    then invited your friends to liked this picture!
    The more I like the photo, the more it will go back to the first page on STEAM.

In this way the new player Cities XL and XXL will certainly be curious to go to the site of XL NATION.

What do you think?

I started sharing a photo of Obelic on these two links

Cities XL 2012 on STEAM
    - Arenzano by Kipate
    Steam Community :: :: XL NATION - Arenzano by Kipate

Cities XXL On STEAM
    - Anderlecht by ObelicS Steam Community :: Screenshot :: You can share / broadcast your city, and even download mods on the XL NATION website - www.xlnation.city - Anderlecht by ObelicS -

- K r รณ l e w s k i by nicknick
    Steam Community :: :: XLNATION CITY 1 by nicknick

My friends I invite you to love these photos so as to make them constantly up at the top of the ranking!

2. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

I don't see much development on Steam either.
    There seem to be more activity with Simcity 4 over on Simtropolis than with this game.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Good idea Drazic. I have not checked the traffic recently so will see if the site is still getting new visitors.

backofthegarden and kipate like this.
  4. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Yes, you are certainly right, but I think there is a little activity anyway considering that the download of my mods on steam continues to climb slightly.
    That means there is a little activity,
    I think, and I hope this is enough to bring some people to XL NATION
    But for that I need your help
    Thank you for your support!

Thank you for your support,
    Do not forget to like the pictures!

For those who have a STEAM account think to like the photo!
    in this way it will remain at the top of the poster,

It's a simple way to help XL NATION grow!
    upload_2018-2-1_21-40-10.png

backofthegarden, kipate and Alex24 like this.
  5. utrain

utrain Vagabond

I'm not exactly sure but, why not create a patch that allows you to make city links right next to each other and whenever you do a delete a city in next to another or any. You can make a new one. It might bring some stray gamers to our website since there are people looking for the patch I described.

6. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Thank you for your interest in XL NATION,
    but I must admit that I do not understand what you want to do,

I understand that you want a mod, to delete a city?
    and a button to create a new city?

Could you precede your request?

7. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

skullz613 and kipate like this.
  8. utrain

utrain Vagabond

Sorry for the confusion, I did now when I read over it, was a bad description of the patch idea. The idea was to allow the placement of city links right next to each other without no limitations as such. It would allow a smoother border to the endless sky from your city.

A complementary patch would be the removal of the road sign that appears when you do make the city link.

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The files for the sign are b_roadconnect01_t1.sgbin and b_roadconnect02_t1.sgbin.
    Removing these might work but may cause an error. The better way is to find the file responsible for making them appear.

EDIT
    Think I have found the entries responsible and have edited some class files. I have also found some files which may influence the area used by a citylink. If this can be reduced then more links could be added.
    I'll post back once I have tested my patch I've made regarding the sign on the link.

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's my new patch to remove the sign. Also reduces the collision box.
    Changes - No More Citylink Signs

I will continue to investigate what needs to be changed to let more links be made on the map edge.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  11. utrain

utrain Vagabond

Thanks for taking some of your time to make the patch(s). I hope it brings more people by search reference.

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I think I'm close to finding what control's the citylink usage. It's been a big job going through all the code to find what tells the game the size of the area used up when a link is created.
    The map says what is available so I'm now backtracking from there at the moment.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  13. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Woohoo, found it.

20180305192504_1.jpg

I have made three different patch files at radius 200, 100 and 50. I have tested the 200 radius but need to test the others. If they test OK I will have them posted in the resource area a bit later. Hopefully they will get some interest on steam.

@Drazic I will not post them on steam but could do a similar thing as you did and make a post about them in the steam XXL forum.. Sure everyone wants to be able to have more citylinks.

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Drazicdesign likes this.
  15. utrain

utrain Vagabond

I figured out another idea we could try, why not gather some funds via donations and put adverts on steam or other websites that have a Cities XL audience. It could bring more people to XL Nation than a forum or a patch.