1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

can somme one help me

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by axel, Jul 4, 2016.

1. axel

axel Governor

If you read this thread there s a problem with my fire protecion in my mods see here please : Cityhouses pack 2 i really wont to fix this problem but i really dont know how to?

2. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

Did you modify something in the .class file perhaps?

axel likes this.
  3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

actually thats new to me, did not know u can change (for example fire protection needs) of a special residence building o_O
    id rather say he just didnt build all required fire services or the ones he built dont have enough workers/employees :p
    but well... everything is possible with cxl :ROFLMAO: so if someone says thats possible, please show me how to :)

axel likes this.
  4. axel

axel Governor

No Big Meany Mean i did nt change any thing in the class file, I dont thing i have this problem ever before, I really dont know what made this problem excist MrX2, but in the you tube movie you see it only happens with my buildings:confused:

5. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

Didn't you modify the "must connect to road" part? I think that's it

6. axel

axel Governor

Hmmm i have to look in to that, must it be 1 or 0 ?, thanks mate

7. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

Don't remember, try playing with the numbers and see the outcome

axel likes this.
  8. axel

axel Governor

Hi Big Meany Mean, i made a cople of patches and changed the must connect to road in the last patch city3 I put must connect to road on 1 and this patch is good but the first to mods i put on must connect to road 0 then it works and if i put them on 1 then it wont connect???

9. axel

axel Governor

I have been working and trying to fix the problem for 7 hours now and i cant seem to fix it i have made new base and gfx file i changed the scripts and made 11 new patches wat ever i do i cant fix it :mad::confused: any one else have an option???

10. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

If you have tried everything you could and still doesn't work the way you want it to work then leave it as it is. OmniBus (if that's his user name) has found a mod that increases fire protection.

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

uhm yeah sorry, didnt thought about that when telling you about mustconnecttoroad thingy :oops:
    @Pepino didnt u once solve that roadconnection issue somehow?

12. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Hey, yeah, people were not populating my buildings. If I remember correctly, I replaced the whole class file with another one, I think from the vanilla buildings, and then just adjusted tags, CB etc...

13. axel

axel Governor

I copied my classfile from the one that works (citypack3) still no results, how can i unpack one from vanilla building original from game? Its strange fron 3 mods using the same classfile and making new base and gfx file s that the problem still excist

14. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Yeah, I don't know either. Unpack the data folder from the game. You'll get all the buildings, roads, everything

15. axel

axel Governor

ill have a look thanks mate

16. axel

axel Governor

Hi ithink i fixed the saticfaction problem but now i have a other problem after i put buildings to the road like say 15 same buildings then a few buildings are not connected????:confused::confused::mad: and it dose it by all the buildings in a pack after a few buildings it says not connected to road? but a few do how can i fix this? i tryed putting concted to from 0 to 1 but this wont work my plug and track and junction are set good i made new lauout and GFX files and have made about 47 patches and been working now for 16 hours on it, any one have a idea?

Attached Files:

17. axel

axel Governor

no one have any idea maybe? i tryed everything

18. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

This is actually the thing that was happening to me, I think. The buildings wouldn't connect... And I think the new layout worked... I don't know really. Would love to help you bc I know how frustrating that was. May be @Monty has an idea?

19. Monty

Monty Governor

Looks like the plugs are too far away, maybe? They should be on the very edge were the building meets the sidewalk.

[​IMG]

Judging by that one looks like the plug is so far that ends up on the other side of the street. Maybe that's why the pathfinder can't connect? try moving them.

20. axel

axel Governor

You can see where i put my plug this is in al my mods can you please have a look at it and tell me if this is good??
    Thanks mates

Attached Files:

• plug.jpg
      plug.jpg
      File size:
      220.8 KB
      Views: