1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum Can't seem to get most mods to appear

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by F117Landers, Aug 22, 2021.

1. F117Landers

F117Landers Unskilled Worker

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I installed XL Platinum, ran the game, then installed the latest UIM, then the other dependencies.

I can tell that UIM is installed because it rearranged the menu. RHM2 will install and display.

Nothing that is placed into the paks > mods folder structure seems to load. This is even after showing all assets/cheats.

I've tried with several dozen mods. I've checked dependencies. I've checked to disable steam sync.

I've tried uninstalling the game, UIM separately, deleting all files in both locations (Program Files and appdata).

I know I'm missing something simple, but I don't know what.

Anyone have any advice?

2. F117Landers

Same issue on two different computers: one running Windows 7 and the other Windows 10. I'm hoping it's something really easy that I glanced over.

3. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello,

Did you try the "Total Unblocking of Buildings"?

However, to unlock all the buildings during a game without any mods,
    Open the main menu,
    then open the tool menu, then click on option, miscellaneous tab, check the expert mode box.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Below, with the IUM, during part of the game
    Open the main menu,
    then open the tool menu, then click on cheat, then on "total unlocking of buildings".

F117Landers likes this.
  4. F117Landers

Tried that, no dice unfortunately. The menu is there and unlocks all the default/RHM2 assets though!

To add to the wonkyness, I can add maps to a subfolder in paks and it recognizes it. Just not buildings/bridge addons/etc.

5. F117Landers

Could it be a steam issue? Or somewhere I missed a step...

Installed UIM 1.79.9, tags.cfg, the two shaders, and the furniture dependency. Also RHM2 after that. Then the buildings and other addons I want to the "mods" subfolder to "paks".

If it weren't for the menu and interface changes, I would think I screwed up installing UIM.

6. F117Landers

Another odd thought: was reading about how Cities XL 2012 sometimes interfered with 2011 maps.

I had installed XXL prior to installing Platinum on this computers. Is it possible that something similar is going on?

7. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Personally, I have both games installed on my PC, Windows 10.
    Both games work fine. With or without mods.

I am willing to take the time to help you.
    But first I need to know why do you want to play Cities XL, even though you had the Cities XXL game?

F117Landers likes this.
  8. F117Landers

Thanks Drazic. The Nozac issue is the big one. Plus I don't really like the new UI.

But mainly the Nozac issue.

9. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello,

Could you tell me if the Cities XL PLATINIUM game, is a boxed CD-ROM game or if it is a STEAM game?

Could you tell me, which mods do not work on your version of XL?

Also could you tell me how many "Map" mods you have in your pak / mods folder?

10. F117Landers

Upon further inspection, it seems that I may have just had bad luck with the first few mods I tried:

Uokiok's bridge mod v 1.10
    Nogerivan's Building Pack
    Trolca USPS

(I do have furniture 1.7 and both shader packs - Altiris and Monty, Road Shader installed)

My apologies on this. It seems that the following mods do work:
    Aitortilla Wells Fargo Packs
    Ikea 1.1

Commonality seems to be the shader pack dependencies. I deleted the road shader to see if it was conflicting with the 2.0 shader pack, but no dice. Also tried rolling the default shader from 2.0 to 1.0 to see if it was a conflict there; no luck either.

11. F117Landers

I'm sorry to waste your time, I figured out where I screwed up. All the content I couldn't find requires hitting the "custom content building set" button on the menu (button that looks like an inverted "V" near the bottom).

12. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

No worries,:)

Glad to see you solved your problem!(y)
    I wish you a good game!
    Do not hesitate to share your achievements on the forum, or even to create a City Journal.:rolleyes:

F117Landers likes this.