1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes and things to add

Discussion in 'Website Information and News' started by skullz613, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have been pretty sick for the last few weeks but have managed to pop in every day. I have noticed the new settings in the spam setup are working well.

We do not have any official site rules and I have not bothered to much about it as XLN members are pretty well behaved. Well most are with the exception of a few.
    Recently we had a member known for posting uncompleted mods, try to advertise his new website. He believes XLN is not good enough and wants to make a better one. I believe it's all due to him being allowed to post his mods anymore in the resource area.
    I don't mind if members go off and create their own websites. I do mind though when members spam their sites without asking for permission to do so. Due to this member using the name XLNation in his site header it would of been a definite NO.

Another thing I've noticed is swearing. I don't have a problem with it as long as it's kept to a minimum and not on the front page of the site. Your new profile posts show on the front page for a while so please do not swear in them. We have young members on XLN and even though the younger generation are sometimes as bad as us oldies with swearing, it does not mean we should degrade the look of XLN with it.

I will be making up a simple set of rules for XLN and your welcome to add feedback in this thread for things you think should be included.

Things I have been looking at adding are country flags (will show under your avatar) and moods (a bar under your avatar that represents your current mood)

If there is any thing you think would be good to add to the site, then feel free to mention it.
    Kipate came up with an idea regarding help pages so that one will go ahead when he is ready.

Don't forget to vote for your favorite city :)
    Official 2017 Edzo Map Contest Vote

Monty, Mr.X² and Drazicdesign like this.
  2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have enabled the Mood mod for all to use.
    You will see a bar under your avatar on the forum front page bit and in the forums.
    st1.PNG
    Click the bar and it will open up a selection box.
    st2.PNG
    Click on one you want and your done.
    st3.PNG

Mr.X² and kipate like this.
  3. kipate

kipate Governor

Like why have I never seen this thread before? :confused:
    Okay, now I'm in Zorro mod; whatever that means^^

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have a psd file somewhere and can make some moods that are more related to XL or XXL, modding etc...
    I made the stoned one years ago for the forum I ran.

kipate likes this.
  5. kipate

kipate Governor

Did you remove the members information? How will I when it's my birthday? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.