1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities Xl Artist Tool Suite 2012

Create your own 3D Models and Import them into Cities XL

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

IcyHot submitted a new resource:

Cities XL Artist Tool Suite - Create your own 3D Models and Import them into Cities XL

Read more about this resource...

2. Nick97

Nick97 Elite

This has problam with importing my 3D Model and viewing my 3D Model
    So Can you fix that Please

3. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

I've been trying to fix this issue all day without success:

3d Max can't find this plugin: exportPluginCaller.dle but the plugin is where it has to be already...

I think I'm going to drink Cider all night long and uninstall the Viewer at the morning and give up :)

4. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Is it possible to send me the source code too? I would have asked directly to FHI, but I dont know who is FHI.
    I'm interested by writting a generator for motion files based on the ascii files produced by 3ds max for people how have a newer version of 3ds max.
    And if there are other source code I'm interessed too.

Mr.X² likes this.
  5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

FHI = Focus Home Interactive, the Publisher of CXL
    referring to your other question in this forum: nope, the source code is not available for download nor they give it away... we asked a few time but they denied or didnt respond at all
    if you like to know some details about how you could do your great project you should write a pm to altiris and have some patience since hes not really active around here anymore

6. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Thanks for the answer.
    Ok I will send a pm to Altiris and be patient.

An other way we must not ncessary have the source code. To do the generator I need to know the structure of a .mention file. And for this we can process step by step, starting with a very simple animation (one bone, one mouvement...).

What I can do is to give a poor animation file in a 3ds max 2012 format. And someone who has 3ds max format 2012 generates the .motion file.
    Then we can try to find the basis structure. Then we can do the same with a nanimation with repetitive objects (2 bones, 2 mouvements ... ). If the structure is correct, we must see the repetition. Then I can write the converter strating from the ascii files genereted by 3ds.

What do you think ?

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

uhm...^^ i dont know.. i never used animations nor i have any knowledge about how it works ;)

8. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Kein Problem.

I will ask Monty. He could not say he doesn't have experience with animations....

I can anderstand they will not give outsile the code, it is their wealth. But perhaps they will accept to give some hearder files. Header files inform only about structure and help to implement new fonctionalities. What is a good for the game, and also for FHI.
    Do you have any address to contact other than thier offficial address ?

9. Hermansah

Hermansah Unskilled Worker

artist suite tool for 3ds max 2014, master? i dont have 3ds max 2012

10. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Is it not illegal to sell this?

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

it is.. already warned him about that... i vote for another ban :p

ronrn likes this.