1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Cities XL mods work for xxL?

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by zoranjoza, Nov 30, 2016.

1. zoranjoza

zoranjoza Vagabond

Do they work for xxl? How do i know do they work?

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Most do, some do partially, some wont just show up, a few cause a crash.
    most of the new ones work, if not its stated in mod description.
    for older ones you can check reviews (nowadays some ppl tend to rate this :bored:) or comments
    theres also is a list (but i think its not 100% trustworthy) for compatible mods somewhere here in this forum.
    in case u are not sure wheter they do work or not u just gotta try them out (preferably one after another in a test city, not your regular one)

in any case make sure to install community mod first (from xln, not steam!) and to get montys shader fix for old mods

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I was going to carry on building up a list but as pretty much all the old mods work I stopped.
    I think a better list is ones that don't work.

Mr.X² and OmniusPrime like this.
  4. Lillysky

Lillysky Unskilled Worker

In short, sorta but no.

There's some features of mods that are entirely not supported such as shader mods because of the different DX versions. I've noticed a lot of animation files from CXL breaks CXXL, though I don't have the modding knowledge to give you an explanation or even confirm if it's all animations or just some.

Most mods that you would want from CXL have been updated for CXXL, with very few exceptions aside from maybe maps honestly.

If you really want to bring a CXL mod over you can check the comments, usually someone either says it works for CXXL, or asks if it is, eliciting a response from the author.

Should you not find an answer in the comments, slowly start adding your desired mods, one at a time, checking if the game breaks or not each time. Don't just copy over your old CXL mods folder or your game will break.