1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL library mod BLG 1.0

Cities XXL library mod BLG

1. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Birk LeGlaire submitted a new resource:

Cities XXL library mod BLG - Cities XXL library mod BLG

Read more about this resource...

Drazicdesign likes this.
  2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Glad to see you've managed to solve this defect,

I would do a test tonight at home

3. secpol

secpol Governor

Hi Birk!
    I understand, mod is working, if in 3ds Max used particles, at creating mods? Or in the game also?

4. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Salut Hecpol,

Sorry but it is not so simple, unfortunately.

This mod allows only to use the XXL particle named XMasLights to do illuminations without indirect lighting surrounding objects.

It is useful for modder who make themselves the lighting but want to have the magic effect of the particle.

Finaly it is more work than to simply use a furniture " streetlights ". But it is the only way I found to avoid these stupide indirect lightings which enlighten up to the sky and as well the inside as the outside of a building.
    But if you want a nice and precise night illumination of your mod, you must do it anyway yourself.

5. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

I did not really solve the problem of this stupide indirect lighting. I only found a way to use light's particle without the lighting surrounding.
    It is interessting only for modders who decided to make themselves the lighting. Obviously it is more work than simply to use furniture like "streetLights". But it is so much more realistic when we use a lighting of 3dsmax.

I let you read too the answer I gave to Secpol.

6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Skilled Worker

hey! uh, can you please tell me how to use those XMasLights thingy to use this?
    or if this mod doesn't need that, what should I do to make this work?

7. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Hello,

First, you must use the particle "xmaslights" in your mode. That means you must create or edit a ".sgdummy" file associted with your ".sgbin" file of you mode. Monty write someting about how to do that. If you are interested I'll will ask Monty to add you in our converstion about "Streetlights".

Then you must create a vray rendered lightmap for 2nd uv channel. How to to that is wrotten in some documentations:
    You can start reading the answers Monty gave me in the following exchange of commentars between Monty and me.

Arenas de Barcelona Mall

You will find links to some tutorials and documentations.

8. secpol

secpol Governor

@Birk LeGlaire
    Not bad happened, only light flickering. Which program you created the file xmaslights.particles?

9. secpol

secpol Governor

Cities XXL Map Editor. And all your secret.

You could create xmaslights.partikles with a different name to avoid conflicts in the game

10. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

So sorry but I don't "work" anymore on XLN mods.
    I do only pure XXL mods. And as I am alone to do XXL mods....