1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities Xxl Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Alex24, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

FHI just uploaded the teaser trailer of Cities XXL.

2. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Yeah I saw this in my Facebook news feed.
    Regarding the game, except the shadows, skies and the graphical content I don't see that much of new stuff. We will be most likely be able to build a yacht harbor and a eco car rent or what, but not much new. But if they fixed the graphics and perfomance, I am happy!!

3. Trolca

Trolca Executive

I noticed that the street intersections still had only one lane of traffic passing through at a time, making both left and right turns from the same lane.

4. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Yeah I noticed that too as Trolca, because it was one of my priorities to look for.
    I am starting to lose hope... another Platinum version.. with a sky improvement and multi-core support.

5. Auriga

Auriga Vagabond

OMG, apparently they caputred some scenes of this teaser in my city New Coast City :D (for example 0:35, 0:41, 0:43 and 0:49) I released it as download a while ago.

That's interesting, because that indicates a interesting thing: It could probably be possible to import Cities XL 2012 cities into CitiesXXL.

FussionM and The Funky Monk like this.
  6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah, only a few new things
    ok, we dont need new buildings, and one cant see multicore-support or bug-fixes (most of them^^)
    but no rail, again...???
    :crap:

but ok, what did i expect?^^ its fhi :p

7. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

It looks like a counterstrike against Cities Skyline.

8. Inan

Inan Governor

I didn't expect anything else than a new version of 2012/Platinum. But as mentioned before, i'm actually happy with multicore support and bugfixes. That will improve the game a lot.
    But as Mr. X said: No rail is totally unacceptable for a city builder :facepalm:

9. 80sreject

80sreject Unskilled Worker

At citizen management level, you’ll be able to track a person’s route to work in order to best manage transport from sea, underground and over-ground rail, or air. Over ground rail...rail above the ground

10. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

From where you got this info?

11. 80sreject

80sreject Unskilled Worker

From the you tube trailer..there is a tab that says more info click it;)

Mr.X² likes this.
  12. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Actually the over-ground rail is the only new thing mentioned.

13. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

very underwhelming teaser... if you wanna get people interested, you better learn how to market your product. Anyone here does a better job in building a city than they do. I saw maybe two new buidings, those ass-ugly bridges stayed the same... and I only saw a train in the closing zoom out, which was more of a logo anyway. It's such a pity that they just don't get it

FussionM and vallamir like this.
  14. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

No trains! no thanks

vallamir likes this.
  15. george brown

george brown Unskilled Worker

Recycled, Recycled & Recycled Focus has played to many people. Not buying just for some clouds. We want more, If you cannot make a game from scratch with improvements forget it.

16. vallamir

vallamir Elite

new building i have noticed in the video

sans_t11.jpg

Everyone want trains, and i think if FHI don't add them, all people who has already this game don't want to buy it again..

17. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I am glad that they added new content but I hope the "over the ground rail" is not just the metro (or modified metro) that can be built on the ground or above it.

--Ocram

18. FussionM

FussionM Executive

After seeing this disappointment and how horribly plastic Cities Skyline looks, I m guessing this is it for me (well after the Bootleg competition).
    Maybe in 5years from now, they will come with something good again.

iphone-5s-with-new-hat.jpg

Thrangar likes this.
  19. Monty

Monty Governor

As far as I know they have been working on this for several months before Cities Skylines was announced.

They seem to not have enough money to make such investment, and after Monte Cristo going bankrupt and SimCity 2013 fiasco I wouldn't blame them for not doing it even if they had the money.

If I have to criticize FHI is because their poor PR work and wasting time and resources on the wrong features. The "green" buildings are cool, but maybe it would have been better to work on rail instead. I'm not sure about what they mean with "rail above ground", if they are talking about metro tracks placed above ground there is nothing new about it.

Anyway, it looks like a must have for people who really enjoy playing cities XL, but maybe it doesn't have enough new features to bring new players or bring back those who abandoned the game.

Don't hate CXXL :p

Pamascus27 and IcyHot like this.
  20. city fiend

city fiend Elite

Lol, or it's a load of bull and they used your city to mess with us.