1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Citties Xxl!

Discussion in 'Website Information and News' started by Radiant Dawn, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

City_Master likes this.
  2. City_Master

City_Master Vagabond

10507124_10153050020132580_6855850846440710270_o.jpg

"We're thrilled to announced the return of the world's largest city builder, filled to the brim with new features allowing you to expand the scope of the game further than any Cities XL game before it. Introducing: Cities XXL!

Create and manage enormous cities on the latest version of the 'Cities' engine with multi-core support. With a smooth FPS no matter the size and complexity, there are no longer any limits on the richness and diversity of your sprawling metropolis. New features, buildings, and other details will be revealed over the coming weeks. Stay tuned!"

Totally unexpected!

3. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Totally unexpected indeed. The BEST thing in my opinion is the multi-core support. I hope they won't screw up this one and this CitiesXXL isn't a joke but nevertheless, as Monty said, I'm glad CitiesXL is given another chance. :)

4. Rene

Rene Executive

I told you there would be an update, I talked to they're head coder and CEO in the internet.

5. Rene

Rene Executive

Hey yes it's multicore new engine and rumored to have train/rail.

When I chatted with people from Focus they didn't seem to know about other deprecated content than ski & beach packs, I told them hey this train is neat all it needs.. And they said to be interested because they were out of buildings, and Platinum buildings prove that. And I wouldn't be surprised if they'd taken some stuff from the community again. I'm gonna post when I get new info.

I think it's great Focus haven't abandon the game. And now after milking 2011 (metro) and 2012 (ski&beach) & Platinum (few odd buildings) it's time for engine upgrade and some extra content, like that train/rail that it always had missed. They do have rail knowledge, it was FHI which worked to deprecated rail into the metro system. Let's see if they made something else this time. I should have details soon.

Anyhow.. CXL is pretty played out and they've sold over 2 million copies. In the end it was a good buy for FHI.

But Cities Skylines is coming and will revolutionize all in city building and community action. But it's nice when an old game like CXL is given a last Heimlich maneuver.

6. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

yep we all know its multicore support with memory leaks fixed Rene because that's what FHI have already said, as for Trains in release your just speculating again. Guess we will know more when they tell us.

The Funky Monk likes this.
  7. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Yep, plus the announcement was on a community fan based page.. with what looks like some old cities unlimited photoshopped images.
    lets just wait till we hear anything official from FHI.

8. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Please don't post any speculative info here. You'll just confuse people.

9. Rene

Rene Executive

OK Direct quote from email:

"Hi Rene,

Happy to see that you enjoy the news about Cities XXL.

Well, I'm not allowed to communicate info directly but I can say that you will have more news and announcement about the game. So stay tuned."

10. Rene

Rene Executive

Cities XXL is official, it's in the making :)

But man what a milking FHI did with Cities XL, it was a good buy for them. Hopefully they can now develop a brand new better game, surely they have the money for it. FHI is making a lot of money, some 20 million net annually. They even sold Farming Simulator over 2 million copies.

I'm loving the fact that FHI has allocated Cities XL to it's this years investment pool, because it wasn't in the last investment pool, so it must be that they forked extra funds for it and added it middle of season because of the competition that it's facing.

Funny. Suddenly FHI has been very interested of the community's ideas of how to improve the game.
    And also there is to thank Colossal Order & Paradox.

Let's see what will come out.

MOD EDIT: Do not pass rumors for official features.

11. Steven H. Endermann

On Cities XXL, I have four requests. First; I hope that there is more retail/higher demand. Second; there need to be more T1 houses (possibly more mansions, trailers, etc). Third, believe it or not, I often run out of room on maps, and I hope that the size of maps is bigger. Finally, I hope that mods for CXL2012 can carry over. I am willing to rebuild my cities.

12. Rene

Rene Executive

Isn't this the place for rumors? Anyhow I <-- have official information. And yes they are looking 1) multicore, 2)rail and 3)community content. What is meant with 'community content' I dunno, but whatever it is I trust they have made all the necessary agreements.

13. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

From this statement it's clear you don't have official information.

gbojanic and snick like this.
  14. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Your "official information" must have a source, surely? How about the pot you smoke every day?

Please stop talking about things you have no knowledge of.

15. Rene

Rene Executive

Hehe ok my (email) contact is a technician at FHI. Should I beg ur pardon only because you guys haven't been in contact with FHI? Have or not have, there's nothing that I provided you that would be false at this point.

16. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Regardless of the fact that some members here (not just you) have in fact been in contact with FHI and probably know more than you do, we'll just have to wait and see how accurate your "facts" are when the game is released.

17. Rene

Rene Executive

Ok. It's good that other people are in contact with them do.