1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thanks for the donations everyone. That's another month covered :)
    Dismiss Notice

Clm Security Problem

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Stevo, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I was a member and a frequent visitor to the old site, but haven't had a question until now. I have CXL Platinum. I have installed the Crime and Leisure Mod for a more realistic simulation. My problem is with the security effect. The roads don't glow red or green anymore when placing a police station. All the buildings have red security satisfaction with a 0% security effect, even with several police stations near them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest UIM several times using the custom install and checking the CLM and HEM options to full feature install. I did this as an Administrator too. I'm not sure what else I can do. I really want this mod to work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, sadly the CLM got some bugs :(

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Thats why i have never bothered with it. It looked good but then I saw all the problems people were having.

4. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Thanks for the replies guys. Well at least now I know it's not something I'm doing wrong. I'll just have to settle for the Retail Booster 20/40/60 Mod and Leisure Booster Mod for a bit more of a realistic simulator. It's such a shame the old forums are gone. I've only had this game for a year or two, after playing SC4 for years. The old forums were a treasure trove of information for newbies. I always found what I needed and never had to ask a question.

5. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Ok, I have it working now. This worked for me as I have CXL Platinum. When installing the UIM, change the Destination Folder to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum, not the default C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2011. Go for custom install and check the CLM box for Entire features installed. I also checked the HEM option box as well.
    The only CLM patches I used in the paks folder are: XLN_CLM_loc_v1.5.patch, and the: zzXLN_CLM_basebuildings_v2.52.patch. For some reason the basebuildings patch I downloaded from this new site doesn't work, but the one from the old site I downloaded in March this year works.

6. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Steveo thanks for catching the problem . The original file had a corrupted patch file, I have now replaced the download with a "clean" copy. If you have time give it a shot and tell me if the problem is resolved. This will help the next person that downloads the CLM

7. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

The new basebuildings .patch works.

8. Thomus Y.

Thomus Y. Vagabond

I recently have to same issue, police doesn't work with CLM and clinic doesn't work with HEM.
    I follow Stevo suggestion. Here the steps I did to fix both problem:
    (1) Install both CLM and HEM
    (2) Uninstall UIM, and then reinstall again. I have CXL Patimun, so I have to change the directory when reinstall.
    And that seem to solve the problem.

9. yukio_h

yukio_h Vagabond

I change value in config files /data/config/layers.cfg, just find a layer block named 'PoliceServices' , change the value 'ShowAsSatisfaction' from 0 to 1 .
    And that seem to solve the problem, most unsatisfation of residents are disappeared. and I can see satisfaction layer and icons when I click police station houses.