1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CollisionBoxTolerance 1.1 2015-11-21

All buildings get a 7.5 meters collision box reduction, but still snap and preserve fundations

1. vampiro

vampiro Executive

vampiro submitted a new resource:

CollisionBoxTolerance 1.0 - All buildings get a 7.5 meters collision box reduction, but still snap and preserve fundations

Read more about this resource...

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

wondering how it will affect this kind of collision boxes?
    Untitled 1.jpg

however, nice mod and nice idea (y)

3. vampiro

vampiro Executive

As usuall.
    Collision reduction starts 7.5 meters from external borders of the buildings.
    So, this mod just declare a collision tolerance area where there is already no-collision space

4. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

Does this work in Cities XXL?

5. vampiro

vampiro Executive

I hope yes, but because i have platinum, i didn't test it on xxl
    I placed mod under xxl resources by mistake (this was my first time i deployed a mod):whistle:

6. vampiro

vampiro Executive

vampiro updated CollisionBoxTolerance 1.1 with a new update entry:

Collision Box Tolerance v1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. vampiro

vampiro Executive

vampiro updated CollisionBoxTolerance 1.1 with a new update entry:

Collision Box Tolerance v1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

What? No update for it to work in Cities XXL?

9. vampiro

vampiro Executive

I don't have xxl but if it has the same config files, i think it should work on it too
    Did u try it unsucessfully?

10. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

Not yet, but I will.

11. domengzu

domengzu Unskilled Worker

This works in XXL, and it is great. Thank you for this mod.

However, I have to give up some mods such as the Detail up parts (guardrail, a fence) by atyo-man2. It might have the some collision box as state above by Mr. x-squared. When I click to place this guardrail, the game just hangs, and pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL will show black screen and can't see or do anything. I can't understand what really happen (I have no knowledge about modding, I am just a user/player of the game). Might somebody can explain, even not, I already gave up those mods that have conflict with this mod.

But still I like this new collision tolerance which include also precise placement of height of bridges. Very good.

12. vampiro

vampiro Executive

It seems game objects can't stand to get a collision tolerance reduction greater than their total collision box.
    But this problem happens only during selecting/placement actions.
    When u will need to plop ur detail-up-parts, simply start game without my mod, after u have finished add again my mod and restart game.
    Objects that u have already plopped will not freeze game!
    U can add and cancel my mod from ur game every time u want without worring u city could crash.

amecurty likes this.
  13. domengzu

domengzu Unskilled Worker

That's a good suggestion, I will definitely do that.

Thank you very much.

14. pingyao

pingyao Skilled Worker

Thanks for that advise vampiro, I was also having the same problem with certain ploppables - makes sense. This is a really useful mod though and really assists with fine tuning building placement. It also seems to help in road placement, allowing much improved tolerances for snapping.

15. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Here you can see how useful this mod is when trying to place pieces that don't properly fit together. This mod saved me when I ran into trouble building the Catherine Palace mod, two pieces wouldn't fit together as you'll see me demonstrate clearly. Then after loading up the Extra Fine file I show how easy it was to place these two problem pieces as well as a fence piece.

I did find one problem after I made this video, this mod caused the computer to freeze when trying to place boats from the Sail Boats Yacht 1.1 mod by nicko2u. I carefully tested this out to ensure this was a problem caused by this mod. I usually only use it when I need it, otherwise I play without it mostly since it makes building placement a little more difficult. The negative collision can be useful as I demonstrate late in the video after fitting together some other buildings that I couldn't before and I show the slight negative collision.

16. weilezuguo

weilezuguo Vagabond

Excellent mod! Helped me build The Catherine Palace by allowing me to place pieces that wouldn't fit before with precision with the Extra Fine file. But, it froze program when trying to place Sail Boats Yacht 1.1 by nicko2u boats.

17. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Indeed this mod is not compatible with all the elements, mod, buildings, integrating a modification of the colission at the level of the box. Called NCB. (No Box Package) The, Sail Boats Yacht 1.1 from nicko2u, is an NCB mod, therefore not compatible! You have to choose between this mod or the NCB boats. Or, before loading your city, remove that mod from your mods folder each time you use an NCB mod. Once the NCB mods are placed in your city, you can move this mod back to your mods folder.

18. thefriendlyarab

thefriendlyarab Unskilled Worker

Hey my friend hope you are well. I can't get this mod to work on xxl. Could you possibly help troubleshoot? on my old pc it worked and I really liked it. Kind of annoyed I can't get it to work. Any suggestions

19. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

In your mods folder you have a mod named "zzzzzz_drazic_flexibility_mod_v1.0"

This mod uses the same file (placementrules.cfg) as the mod you want installed.

In order for you to use Vampiro's mod, you must remove the mod named "zzzzzz_drazic_flexibility_mod_v1.0" from your mods folder.
    You will be able to restart your city there will be no crash.

However, remember that Vampiro's mod is not compatible, when using NCB mods.

20. thefriendlyarab

thefriendlyarab Unskilled Worker

Could you remind me what NCB mods are? The Drazic Flex mod is not allowing any collision in my city buildings and it was a feature I really liked.