1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Conflict with CollitionBoxTolerance 1.1 mod for XXL

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by wozzeck, Jan 29, 2016.

1. wozzeck

wozzeck Unskilled Worker

So... I've recently instaled three mods and one of them is blocking the CollitionBoxTolerance for XXL.

This is my main suspect, since it's a very old mod for XL.

Ploppables - Wall Collection 1

I've also installed other two mods recently. Both are for XXL so I doubt these are causing the trouble:

Ploppables - Trees - XXL - author original: Jrvieux
    Ploppables - Furniture Mega Pack - by timofp - XXL

Now, I know I should delete every single piece from the Wall Collection i've placed in my city and then remove the mod from the mods folder. I've tried it, but the game crashes.

I really don't know if I accidentaly placed one piece of wall underground, so it's unreachable at this point.

I haven't tried to remove the XXL mods since I don't think these are causing the problem. But I guess anything is possible.

Can anyone help, please? It's a pain in the ass to work without the CollitionBoxTolerance. I've been working on this city for two months now and I don't want to start all over again.

Thanks!

2. Monty

Monty Governor

I don't know what exactly can be the problem, but if it's the wall mod and it's possible that you can't reach all the pieces to delete them, I can only suggest to modify the wall mod patch to make it use one of the big placeholder models that are part of the gam, so if there is any piece of wall somwhere in the map, it would be easier to find.

3. Monty

Monty Governor

I modified the walls collection patch so it shows this model instead, it would make easier to find if you miss any of those walls somewhere in your city.

1. move out the wall collection mod from your mods folder.
    2. place the patch file I've attached to this message and launch the game. It shouldn't crash because the class files are the same.
    3. check if the collision box tolerance mod works, if it does it's probably because I've changed a few things in the class file. It would mean that the wall collention mod is "fixable".
    4. If it doesn't work, then look around the city for the object in the image below, if you find it, click on it anddelete it, it's the missing wall you couldn't delete. Then you can remove this patch too and test if the CBT mod is working again.

Please, let me know if it worked or not.

screenshot_430.jpg

Attached Files:

4. wozzeck

wozzeck Unskilled Worker

Thank you Monty! I'll try it right away.

5. wozzeck

wozzeck Unskilled Worker

Ok, I could find the missing piece (it was buried indeed), so I could remove the old patch and the new one without crashing.

However... the CollitionBoxTolerance still not working.

Do you think it can be caused by Trees or Furniture pack for XXL? I find it unlikely, since both are recent mods adapted for XXL.

6. Monty

Monty Governor

I just unpacked both mods and I'm pretty sure it's the tree mod what's conflicting with the CBT mod. The plopable trees mod includes the file
    placementrules.cfg which is the one that CBT mod also modifies. Since the patch files are loaded in alphanumeric order, the one in the Tree mod is loaded last and it's the one used by the game. A easy way to fix it would be renaming the CBT mod patch file, add ZZZZ_ before the name of the file to make sure the game loads it last, after loading the tree mod so you'll have something like this
    Code:
    ZZZZ_Vampiro_CollisionBoxTolerance7.5_ExtraFinePlacement _v1.1
    or whatever version you installed.
    This should work, but it's not the ideal solution. The ideal solution would be figuring out why the tree mod has a placementrules.cfg file, since I don't think it really needs it to work.

7. wozzeck

wozzeck Unskilled Worker

Guess what... it worked!

I think I'm gonna name a plaza or an avenue after you.

Forget it, now your are officially my city's patron saint. Saint Monty. And you get your own cathedral, of course.

Monty likes this.
  8. Monty

Monty Governor

:ROFLMAO:
    I'm glad it worked (y)