1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Crash when loading

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kipate, May 20, 2017.

1. kipate

kipate Governor

Can someone tell me why the game crashes while I'm loading the game (and NOT a city)?
    My laptop ain't that old, just about 2 years, I guess, and it's quite a good model...

Here is the total log:

[16:10:44] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 827) Error Available physical memory = 5.321Gb
    [16:10:44] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 828) Error Available addressable virtual memory = 3.771Gb
    [16:10:44] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 829) Error Total physical memory = 7.886Gb
    [16:10:44] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 830) Error Total addressable virtual memory = 3.999Gb
    [16:10:44] MEMORY mcMemAllocator.cpp ( 107) ErrorBuild Core\mcStringBasic.cpp(124) : Request for allocation failed. Out of memory (need -2147483648)

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Seen that error many times. Think I've had it myself as well. Possibly a restart of Windows might fix it.
    Have you emptied the shadercache?

3. kipate

kipate Governor

Cleared that many times already, reinstalled the game, still no change for the better...

4. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Could be one of the mods is corrupt? That string size is so big it is negative.
    There is only about 220MB left and it is asking for more than 2GB.
    You could try removing recently added mods.

Or you could try re-seating the memory modules but that would appear as problems with other apps.

kipate likes this.
  5. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey, thx, Skater (y)
    I will try to remove some of the recently installed mods. But usually, they should all be working, as I got all the prerequisites.

6. kipate

kipate Governor

So I removed all recently installed mods from the folder, but it's still the same error... :(

7. ronrn

ronrn Governor

a time consuming procedure, but it worked for me in the past: (or just ignore if you've already tried all of this.)
    -Before re-install be sure to first delete, or move these folders: "C:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL" & "C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL". Uninstall does not remove these folders or any files within.
    -Before starting the game after re-install, go ahead and do the steam, game properties, "verify integrity of game files".
    -Try starting the game without any mods in the paks folder.
    -If the game starts, go ahead and quit/close the game.
    -Check that Steam did not auto-subscribe you to any dependency mods. Esp the Community Mod.

8. kipate

kipate Governor

That helped, thanks (y) But I had already removed all recently installed mods, and the game had been working before, so I really wonder which mod it could be. It has still been crashing even after I removed further mods, so I guess I need a fresh start...