1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating residences that can not be occupied

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Trolca, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Trolca

Trolca Executive

For some time I have been exploring ways for low density homes to be not able to allow occupants. The reason is because I want to lower the over all city density.

As the number of homes increase, the number of occupants per home increases as well. Even if the whole city is low density, each home ends up with an astronomical number of inhabitants.

By duplicating all of the low density homes and setting them not allow occupants, roughly half of them would remain empty which should delay the point where the number of occupants per household skyrockets.

I have worked with both the Class and Layout files but I can not find switches/command (I don't know what the correct terminology a line of code is), that will leave a home empty.

On a side note, has anyone compiled a list of switches/command/lines of code with descriptions of how to use them and what they are for?

Thanks

2. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

I'm not sure but i guess these lines are responsible for number of sitizens

<CitizenHome>
    <MaxCitizen>2</MaxCitizen>
    <Richness>4</Richness>
    </CitizenHome>
    or maybe need to change type for something else
    <Type>RESIDENCE</Type>

3. Trolca

Trolca Executive

Yes but if you change <MaxCitizen> to 0, the game will crash and from what I understand, it only accepts whole numbers.

4. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

if you do not want citizens moving in a building what is the point of that building? eye candy?
    sorry maybe i miss understand your question

5. Trolca

Trolca Executive

If half of the residents are randomly empty then the density of the low density will become even lower. I want to postpone the density spike where there's 25 to 50 people in a single family home.

On any given block there would be some home occupied and some not but it would be random.

6. Kankrelune

Kankrelune Skilled Worker

Hi, like Nicko2u say, try to set it as building like this...

Have fun...

HTML:
    <Placement>
        <Type>BUILDING</Type>
    </Placement>
    <Entity>
        <Type>BUILDING</Type>
        <Serializable>0</Serializable>
    </Entity>
    <Construction>
        <IsDestroyable>1</IsDestroyable>
        <IsZoneConstruction>1</IsZoneConstruction>
        <PlacementType>BUILDING</PlacementType>
    </Construction>
    edit : for the randomly empty I don't know...

7. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

maybe try playing with the radius setting and influence to be a lot lower for some buildings. Though stuffing with settings we don't really know to much about can effect the game big time, therefore hope you test your mod a lot. have fun!

Code:
        <Layer>
            <Shape01>
                <LayerName>Suit</LayerName>
                <Radius>150</Radius>
                <InfluenceMin>0</InfluenceMin>
                <InfluenceMax>3</InfluenceMax>
                <Type>CIRCLE</Type>
                <DegressiveInfluence>1</DegressiveInfluence>
            </Shape01>
        </Layer>

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

When there was a problem with no one moving into Supersnakes Skilled Workers houses, I found that T1;QualifiedWorker; was missing from the tags. http://xlnation.city/threads/skilled-workers-house.2115/

Once it was added people moved in. You could try something like that but I think you would have to stop the issues with the demands the houses were still complaining about.

9. Trolca

Trolca Executive

I tried this but the homes that I removed "T1;UnqualifiedWorker;" from the Tag line no longer appeared, either in mass placement or individual placement.

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

That weird. Something must of been different in his files then. I'll have a look at them again later.