1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXXL Modding Tools?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AndreC, Feb 24, 2015.

1. AndreC

AndreC Vagabond

Hey everyone; Myself being a previous player of XL, and XL 2012 and so forth, Ive seen some pretty amazing mods out there. The only thing I fail to find, mostly because of dead/dying forums, dead links, and so forth, is a lack of tools that I can use to help me out. This is coming from someone who knows not a thing about modding, at least not on a scale of creating models, texturing, etc. I'm mostly looking to either;

Modify current objects stats (road capacitys, building effectiveness, etc)
    Add new objects that use models already in game to serve a specific purpose ( "Sandbox" housing, jobs or income, etc)

Anything in the model creation game, I'm not gonna even attempt for reasons. Besides that, if we could pool all the tools in one spot again, unless I missed them, that'd help out alot for people who want to mod the game.

APXHTEKTON likes this.
  2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

you can check my tutorial i recently made: http://xlnation.city/resources/lets-start-3d-moddeling-part-i-modeling-a-basic-lod4-model.1131/
    everything you need to know is in there (part i-v). if you only want to edit class files (means capacitys, effects of buildings and stuff) jump directly to part v. you only need pak-unpack and notepad++. unpack the mods (or ingame files), open the .class file edit the value (most of them are self-explaining), save and repack.
    for any further or more detailed questions, just let us know :)

3. AndreC

AndreC Vagabond

I got the hang of it mostly; Only thing is finding exactly what I'm looking to edit at this point, which I guess comes with poking around in the files.

4. APXHTEKTON

APXHTEKTON Unskilled Worker

Hello, its nice to see new modders..i wanna join this cause ,too. soon when i have a proper desktop to work and play the game with it.

And besides I wanted to SAY ,if we could get many modders to work together, then we can develop CXXL incredibly further on, the IDEAS for new mods already exist , and many more to come..
    so,actually, xlnation has great modding dynamic,through the number of skilled modders ..
    i believe if we could coordinate and plan future mods, so that several skilled-modders collaborate with lowSkilled-modders , then we can save some precious time, don't you think? I mean, i would be glad if someone asks me to help him in his modding..lets talk about it.

I don't know about you, I have magnificent ideas for the game that are too difficult for one person to do !
    Im thinking of major changes,too .. I have WORm in my mind.... NEW ZONES , not only this ugly 40m x 40m lots ...this is the biggest restriction of the game, according to me. I need a change here,a BIG MOD that allows new grow-able ZONES 10x10/20/30/40 & 20x10,20,30,40 i'm always reality orientated when playing CXXL .. so i need smaller lots, and i mean growable lots !

I know, we don't have enough building mods to make this happen... at least not for 1 person ..but if we work together ?

thx for sharing :D ,
    Alexandros