1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum D3dxcreateeffect Error

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Radiant Dawn, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I keep on getting that annoying D3DXCreateEffect Error message that reads;

"D3DXCreateEffect has failed.

File: <Data/Shader/#Road.fx>
    Error:
    Could not retrieve error message.
    Press OK to retry"

I've done about everything to resolve this issue to no avail. I've used the "Delete Shader Catch Fix" mod available here at XLN, I've also deleted the shader catch files from the shader catch folder manually practically every time before I start CXL, and I've downloaded another mod that was used to fix this issue as well. Nothing seems to be working! What to do?

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Have you installed the road shader mod?

3. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

hm this shouldnt happen then o_O
    can you provide the last lines of your cxl-log file? maybe its caused by a broken mod or sth then

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  5. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

hm, doesnt say that much, but im wondering what this is
    [14:21:51] GRAPH3D mshMesh.cpp ( 202) Error Multi-material mesh detected : C:\Users\IDRIS\Documents\3dsmax\export\b_ind_wm_t4_l4 (currently not supported by engine)
    you should remove it, just in case
    btw. why the f* does cxl load a file of this path into the game??

which version of this mod do you use? http://xlnation.net/resources/data-shader-fx-not-found-fix.1096/ make sure to get v1.1 but anyway, this mod isnt a fix for your #road.fx shader problem which causes the crash
    usually clearing the shader-cache should do it.. hm.. no clue what else to try
    maybe you can give this little patch i made a try.. no idea if it helps (i guess not), but well, its worth a try
    ps: do not rename the file, just place it into your paks folder as it is.. if it still crashes just remove it.

Attached Files:

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

crap, cant edit my post...
    try this file, not the previous one :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

8. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I used both the old version and the 1.1 version. Neither worked, unless there was a special folder you're supposed to put it in. I do know that he mentioned creating a folder called data or something and putting something in there and the problems stopped for him, however I don't know if he meant the mod or some other data file he created. So what do you think? I'm guessing he meant the mod, yes?

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

nope, the mod must be placed in your paks folder
    but however, skullz mod isnt a fix for your crash issue ;)
    edit: also try this mod http://xlnation.net/resources/citiesxl-missing-reports.974/ and make sure your cxl-folder isnt write-protected

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I reckon you have some mods that are causing conflicts or were badly made.