1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum D3DXCreateeffectError

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by top_dog, Aug 18, 2015.

1. top_dog

top_dog Vagabond

Hello XLNation, I have a question:

upload_2015-8-18_3-13-55.png

^ What is this, and how do I make it go away forever?

Now, "#default.fx" can be replaced by anything (pershingfurniture.fx, Occluder.fx, commercial.fx, etc.), it changes each time. It's usually a .fx file though and it just happens out of now where, completely at random. I once got one saying "#nighttimevehicle.fx" and I was playing while it was DAYTIME in the game.

It has got to a point where sometimes I can not even move an inch in my city without this happening. It won't let me go back into the game, and pressing "OK" makes the message instantly pop up again, and the only way to close it and close the game is to end the process in Task Manager.

Is there anyone else who is having this problem? Has anyone found a solution? I really would appreciate any help :)

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The fix I made normally fixes the default one. I have not seen other errors like the one you mentiond.

3. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Pershing is a furniture (fountain) in the Monty's Urban Embellishment Pack Vol. I

As I use this mod and as I haven't the issue you described I think this mod isn't the cause. Anyway, I would be surprised if there was a missing .fx file in a Monty's mod.

It must be something else.

EDIT: Are your dependencies all updated?

4. Monty

Monty Governor

There is a shadercache folder, delete it and it should stop happening. Temporary files sometimes get corrupt and give random errors. Clearing them usually fix it, and doing it once in while prevents that error.

The path would be something like C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL\live\shadercache

kipate likes this.
  5. top_dog

top_dog Vagabond

I cleared out that folder a couple of times since I read your post, but it's still happening, now it seems to be mainly happening with #commercial.fx

6. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

You have to always delete it before play the game, skullz made the batch file to start game and delete those junk..should probably try that

7. top_dog

top_dog Vagabond

I deleted the whole folder, it worked! Do you have a link to this skullz file?

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

9. zenozone

zenozone Skilled Worker

happened to me too... !

10. zenozone

zenozone Skilled Worker

Mi error is cityXLD3DXCREATOR.jpg .... only delete shadercache?
    And anyone knows how to fix the road problem of this T2 buoilding and the Best Castle Hotel?

cxl_screenshot_enzonia_69.jpg

and someone knows how i can check my dependency e uim pack version Installed?