1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ De Cleerk 2014-08-29

Modern | Dynamic | Friendly

1. Inan

Inan Governor

Inan submitted a new resource:

De Cleerk - Modern | Dynamic | Friendly

Read more about this resource...

Möebius, bboykleshrock and Spock like this.
  2. Inan

Inan Governor

Spock likes this.
  3. Deuxpont

Deuxpont Vagabond

Jan-Erik Houtman did an excellent job. His city looks amazing!

4. kipate

kipate Governor

Yes yes, in the end, always the public person gets all the credits although many other people
    help him and almost give up their lives for their city, not? :p

5. Inan

Inan Governor

Thank you both! Haha, indeed that's the mayor's fate! When his authorities doing a good job, he gets the credits, if everything goes wrong, he better shouldn't walk through the city alone :)

But everything what counts is the city. Mayor come and mayors go ;)

6. Inan

Inan Governor

By the way: You CANNOT download the city, it's just a picture, I've no idea why this download button appeared...:think:
    Sorry for everyone who was expecting a city...:unsure:

7. Radiospeed

Radiospeed Unskilled Worker

hey inan.. excellent city... by the way i was just wondering how do you manage to deal with the traffic conditions??

8. Inan

Inan Governor

Hello Radiospeed! I gave up caring about the traffic, because first: the traffic density doesn't influence the city and second: The traffic management in the city isn't realistic. But nevertheless i created bus, tram and underground to the city, i'll postr some images in the next updates. Thank you for your compliment!

Radiospeed likes this.
  9. Radiospeed

I know right.. the traffic is such a pain.. and I have to admit.. I wasnt so sure that the city's working and its population wont be affected if there was a massive gridlock of traffic.. everytime the warning comes saying the city has massive issues with traffic i spend the next few weeks trying to create alternate routes thus destroying my original city layout. Are you sure the city functions normally even if the traffic is all messed up?

anyways.. thanks for your reply and am looking forward to seeing your next update :)

10. Inan

Inan Governor

Yes the city functions normally even with mad traffic.

Example: The game doesn't allow extensions of underground lines or bus lines. If you want to add one or two stations, you have to delete the whole line and do again. That's totally annoying. So i always just place the undergroundstations here and there (without a line) when the city is growing and when the city is finished, i add the lines. Till to this point the traffic problems are massive, as you can imagine... But it doesn't matter, everything is prospering fine and the satisfaction rate is 99% :LOL:o_O

Example #2: The underground usage is totally stupid. Elites don't use underground for example, but nobody knows why... That's not realistic. Also the people only go to work and back.

But nevertheless it's possible to create a good traffic system, i've seen that in other cities here. So actually i'm maybe not the right person to ask for this :)

Radiospeed likes this.
  11. kipate

kipate Governor

They use helicopters, didn't you know that?

Anyways, a good way to have lesser traffic problems is to create an highway ring
    with extensions to the city center and to the industry areas. Place the larger heavy and manufacturing industry areas outside of the highway ring and try to have easy transitions.
    This way, I'd recommend to have a T-junction of the 6 lanes highway ring (for larger
    cities with about 1 to 2 million inhabitants, so 3 lanes each direction) and a outbounding
    4 lanes highway extension that goes over into a large avenue.
    Use the large avenue splitter by Altiris, so you can connect a 2 lanes highway part with
    the large avenue...
    http://xlnation.net/resources/large-avenue-splitter.539/

12. Inan

Inan Governor

That sounds good kipate!

But actually i don't even wanna try to deal with the traffic problem. The game has a very bad A.I. (the elite problem, always using the shortest way, no priority road system). When there is no realistic way, i don't want to handle it :whatever: And btw: Bigger cities have traffic problems, this is part of urbanism :)

Radiospeed likes this.
  13. kipate

kipate Governor

What? They have traffic problems? Hmmh, I'd rather say that most big cities
    do not get the monetary support they deserve, especially regarding the
    country of the Autobahn, good old Germany. Travel to Cologne by car,
    and tell if you reached the city :p
    too many eyes of a needle concentrating on too little space
    and it will take almost a decade until the biggest problems
    are solved, and this only in the best case...

14. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

@Inan
    how long it takes to finish build this great city and do You plan to build a new one? I see all Your city is finish

15. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks! It takes about 100 hours, most time is needed for details like plopping single trees and houses in the suburbs. At the moment i'm building a american styled city, this project is huge, i already spent about 130 hours and the city isn't half finished. The most timecunsuming thing is to cover the whole, flat map with buildings. I've no idea if the lags will queer the pitch... I'm sure you know the problem if you plan to expand Zend City over the whole map.

16. Radiospeed

Maybe we could all agree that with flat map we dont have to cover the whole map with building or plazas because not only is it time consuming, it also contributes to lag which spoils the whole game experience in my opinion. Perhaps we could concentrate on maybe just half of the map layout, maybe centrally and pour all effort and concentration in making that part beautiful instead of spending time just trying to fill up the map?? well this is just my opinion but many would disagree with me on this.. Many seem to believe we have to use 100% of the map. :cautious:

17. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

oh wow that is so fast..and I would like to see Your next city, I always like it

have You try the globalsetting trick? it helps me a lot to reduce lag...but there is 1 harbour mod become weird where the building become transparent.
    Currently I always zoom in and only focusing into area that I was develop and never see wide area of the city, if I see the wide area just once then the game start to run very slow even when I zoom in into somewhere. Also before saving I zooming in into empty grass/road near the area I was building , so when next time I load the game it only show the grass/road.....well that's my way too reduce lag

18. kipate

kipate Governor

Btw, maybe for some practice with Photoshop
    (which you can download for free- good old CS2-),
    but what about some photos for the election time?
    So changing the billboards with Ole's tutorial
    where the parties make advertisment for their candidates,
    some crowds in front of the City Hall, and so on?

19. barradar

barradar Vagabond

are many boat is very beautiful. those work? can't roadto another island?

20. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks! The boats work as sports leisure. There isn't a bridge to the island intentionally, just a ferry connection and a mod that allows building town halls as decoration.