1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Decorative Railtracks and Stations 0.9

Decorative Railtracks and Stations

1. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Pepino submitted a new resource:

Decorative Railtracks and Stations - Decorative Railtracks and Stations

Read more about this resource...

Mr.X² likes this.
  2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

awesome its finally released! (y)
    just a question: can i exchange it with your betas and didnt i send u the single track bridges? cause theyre working fine for me^^

3. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

I'm not sure if your separate patch versions can be substituted by this big one - they include all, but I tried to clean up the folder structure, so the references might not be all OK (n)

Can you let me know if it works for XL too?

Regarding those 5m bridges - I didn't use exactly what you made because I want them all to have the same logic: build a road/pedpath bridge and upgrade to rail. Unfortunately, the 5m pedpath bridges don't work properly - I think they don't actually work as bridges, they don't show the bridge structure itself and terraform. You can upgrade that to a single track, tho :confused: I have checked those files so many times I don't know what to change anymore, although it was working at some point in the past... It's ridiculous and I need to dive in that again... just lost the patience and will for now.

florsky likes this.
  4. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

I can confirm that this mod works fine with Cities XL Platinum
    Thank you for this mod :)

Abandon Ship likes this.
  5. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Great, thanks!

6. sweden8398

sweden8398 Executive

where is the railway warehouse ? I not found it

niziol27 likes this.
  7. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Isn't it with all the rest? If not, try Public Transport, there might be white icons... It was the last thing I corrected before posting but, well, it still might be incorrect :(

8. sweden8398

sweden8398 Executive

unfortunately there is not ...

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

your betas did and will test this one soon
    ok then.. hm, could post it as separate mod or adjust it to make it upgradable.. im just in fear my upgrade menu is extremely overfilled with bridge stuff that i wont be able to choose them anymore^^
    i feel with you, having this issue too.. :bored: but u can read that in my pm

10. kipate

kipate Governor

The railway warehouse does not have an image icon, but it is in the same menu, I have it ;)
    Transportation + Custom Content activated/Roads

Abandon Ship and Pepino like this.
  11. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Pepino,
    Looks like a nice collaborative effort! My one question is will these tracks crash our program if laid too close to the map edge like all of the other rail track sets? I hope you've solved that truly annoying problem of the other sets. Hopefully one day there'll be running trains. Since there are running metro trains as well as the monorail it should be possible to create running trains from those sets. A nice addition to the game.

12. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Thanks, I hope we'll have running trains one day too.
    I believe they don't crash the game if placed near the edge.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  13. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

btw do you think it would be possible to create sth like a dummy tram line (without animations or just a railbus with two cars) that can only run on your tracks? but might be an issue then to connect the stations to roads so passengers can reach it

14. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Greetings, @Pepino
    I'm playing XL 2012 for a while and I have never given up this version yet. Anyway, I checked this mod and it worked with 2012.
    Took a picture for an evidence, thank you for sharing :)
    cxl-railroad-trax.png

Abandon Ship, Pepino and kipate like this.
  15. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

I do think so, theoretically. I do believe it is possible to adapt the monorail, actually

OmniusPrime likes this.
  16. sweden8398

sweden8398 Executive

Usually, the railway tracks are raised above street level.
    Is there a way to do this in the game?
    I tried but I could not do without using bridges also because the tracks must be at the same level of the stations and bridges can not be done.
    I tried to raise the rails but deforms the ground .. however I would like a wall effect, especially in the city center.
    So I tried to lower the street level, with various mods, but the effect is not as hoped.
    Anyone have ideas or tricks to do this?

17. axel

axel Governor

Hi pepino, tanks for this great mod, i have a question mate i cant find the big glass station for the 4 tracks or is it not in the mod yet
    But for me this may be the mod of the Year

niziol27 likes this.
  18. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Really? Should be in the same menu... As I said in the presentation, I made it running, so everything is possible. I'm really sorry and will check all the complaints next week

axel likes this.
  19. axel

axel Governor

No no my friend dont be sorry i am verry happy with this mod my friend, ill waith with patience on the update and use this mod now its great (y)

20. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

So If I start it next to a purple zone it wont crash the game...Wow this will be fantastic!

niziol27 likes this.