1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Droughtland (XXL Only) 1.0

XOUSTE Christmas Maps

1. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

2. mike28086

mike28086 Vagabond

I am wondering if there is a prerequisite for this map as well as "Parrot Mountain" I believe is what it is named? The reason I ask is because both of these maps cause my game to crash when I try to startup after installing the patch files. I have tried installing both, and each single file order, it does not make a difference, crash, crash, crash. Can you or someone on the site shed some insight on this? Please.

Regards,

mike28086

3. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Well, please make sure what version your game is before installing it,these two maps only work on CitiesXXL (2015) ,and yes,Community mod is requested.

4. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Both maps, "Parrot Mountain" & "Droughtland", crash my game as well.
    My logs show possible errors in the localization files.

5. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Wierd... it works fine on my computer.

6. ronrn

ronrn Governor

weird..yes:)
    these are the entire log files from the start up crashes
    log #1
    [11:48:28] CORE lcFileL.cpp ( 292) ErrorBuild Two fields #FIELD_ID without text between, fic(data\localization\en\mapsnames.droughtland.en),line(9)
    -------------------
    log #2
    [11:49:17] CORE lcFileL.cpp ( 292) ErrorBuild Two fields #FIELD_ID without text between, fic(data\localization\en\mapsnames.parrotmountain.en),line(9)

7. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Placing the missing text in the .en file prevented these maps from crashing my game.
    map file.jpg

8. mike28086

mike28086 Vagabond

Where are these .en files located?

Regards,

9. ronrn

ronrn Governor

You must use the program, used for modding, called "cities xl pakunpak v1.3.0" to uncompress(unzip) and modify the files inside the map.patch file.
    Hopefully Xouste will do it soon and post an updated version here in this resource thread.(y)

10. mike28086

mike28086 Vagabond

Ronrn,
    Thanks for the info. I should have remembered that, I did make a couple of maps way back when. Yeah, hopefully Xouste will update them soon, I'll just wait, have lots of other maps to play right now!

Regards,

mike28086