1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Farms 1.0

6 New farms: corn, wheat, sunflower, lavender, vineyards and olive.

1. Monty

Monty Governor

Monty submitted a new resource:

Farms - 6 New farms: corn, wheat, sunflower, lavender, vineyards and olive.

Read more about this resource...

2. kipate

kipate Governor

If you squint your eyes a bit, you will not notice that the upper image was a game one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :p

The Funky Monk likes this.
  3. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Is there anywhere a guide about modeling trees ?

4. Monty

Monty Governor

Not that I'm aware of, this is a very old version of ST and it's not like the newer ones. I had to go through it to figure it out, but the help file in SpeedTree has some useful information.

5. DtwizzY

DtwizzY Elite

hi Monty

I tested the mod, and I found a bug, well I think

[​IMG]

Maybe you have not had this problem...

Someone else has had this bug?

6. Monty

Monty Governor

Try making the farm a little bigger or smaller, the posts models are several meters long to reduce the amount of them on each farm, so sometimes they will stick out depending on the size of the farm. I could reduce that by making single posts instead of multiple ones per object, but that would mean doubling the amount of furniture on those farms.

kipate likes this.
  7. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

I am a novice in the domain. I thus venture in some questions.
    You wrote that ST abandoned the used format in CXL in 2009. Does it mean that the recent versions of SP do not work any more for XXL?
    I saw that for the modelling of the tree, you produced four files: two dds, a txt and a spt. Are these files produced by ST?
    Thank you in advance.

8. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi there Monty

I feel this mod would also be great with a decorations/area version. This would allow placing the farms without size restrictions, eventually setting them in smaller areas.
    I think Nicko has done this with his latest farms and I wonder if this is something you could consider with yours. Not sure but I guess some minor changes in the class file would do the trick.
    Anyway, this is just an idea. I love the farms as they are but a decorations/area version would make them even more usefull.
    Cheers
    Luís

9. Monty

Monty Governor

Yes, they abandoned SPT format in 2009, so any version after that year won't work. (I think the last one to work with them was 5.1 or so)
    The files are generated by SpeedTree from the textures you load in the program. It generates a single texture that includes fronds, leaves and billboards. If the tree has a trunk, the trunk texture will be saved as a separate tga file (for tiling). The text file doesn't seem necessary for the game to work, but I keep it just in case.

Hey, yeah it would be nice to have them as decoration areas too, but I wouldn't recommend to use them to cover big areas because the game will simply not render all the plants.

Birk LeGlaire likes this.
  10. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

thank you for the information.
    And a last question: SpeedTree is not a free software, isnt'it ?

11. Monty

Monty Governor

Nope, it's not free and they refuse to sell unsupported versions. PM me if you want it.

12. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Yes of course I'm interested in it! Thanks!

13. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Hello, I've noticed the plants bleed into the road in some of the farms, are you ok with that?

cxl_screenshot_consus_4.jpg

cxl_screenshot_consus_1.jpg

cxl_screenshot_consus_5.jpg

Also, a request... is it possible to have the greenhouse and the farm house as stand alone buildings to use on their own (these ones):

cxl_screenshot_consus_6.jpg

cxl_screenshot_consus_2.jpg
    Thanks! :dm4:

14. Monty

Monty Governor

@mrmnts that's unavoidable unless I make each plant a single object which it's not ideal because a single farm will reach the limit of plants the game can render at once. The farms are made with clusters of plants and the game can't slice them to fit the area. If that really bothers you, you can avoid it by placing a small road or pedestrian path next to the road and then build the farm. Once the farm is placed you can remove the ped path and fill the area with a grass plaza.

15. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

@Monty , not really, it doesn't bother me that much. It was just to let you know. I can always choose the right angle for photos where these are not noticeable and that's that. I will also follow your advice here and see how it looks

16. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I just downloaded this mod and built a lavender farm. It looks beautiful in 4K resolution, love how they sway in the wind. They overlap the dirt road a little but not the avenue border so I'm cool with that. I'm so glad to see modders supporting this fine game.

kipate likes this.
  17. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

The wheat fields do not show the building Industry Characteristics screen showing building details like taxes or what’s produced. All other crops have this screen showing. I hope the wheat fields get fixed so that they show us their characteristic details.

18. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

golden medal2.png 1st Place Winner February 2016 Mod of the Month

OmniusPrime likes this.