1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Felinas Valley(in Progress)

Circular Capital City

1. Abbittibbi

Abbittibbi Unskilled Worker

Abbittibbi submitted a new resource:

Felinas Valley(in progress) - Circular Capital City

Read more about this resource...

2. SOUL Productions

SOUL Productions Executive

nice geometric designs. How is the traffic?

3. Abbittibbi

Thank you. I appreciate your visit.

Traffic grid is 95% green for Downtown and Center. Grid is 85% green in Industrial(which will not expand). Most frequented streets are along ''special zoning''(details to come) on lateral boulevards and at transports knots. Main Highway 11(Core counter-circle) shown on pictures get about 90-95% green, due to very efficient mass transit. All in all, also because the two secondary circles that are not filled yet with housing(25% completed). Secondary Highway 11(grand tour-3 residential circles) is about 85% green.

traffic1.jpg
    Shown above, is the City Center, where three tunnel-highways meet Highway-11.
    traffic2.jpg Shown above is main residential circle(90% completed). Planners are still working on City support services before they get on this job of filling residential. The four lateral secondary boulevards(center-to-center) get most traffic at about 75% green, which are still to receive a tram line later. Only two small stretch are clearly jammed, which are use to turn about at Highway end, both in second and third circles.

4. SOUL Productions

SOUL Productions Executive

Very nice, traffic looks pretty good, Are those all one way roads or through 2 way streets next to each other? I have to say that I have been quite inspired by the circular city lately. I noticed that there are not very many that have been built recently so its nice to see them. I just finished my second circular/grid based city. Here is the traffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/125045369@N06/15304543696/ (the first one didn't end very well) but am having a hard time sticking to a master plan, I had one in mind for this city of a max of around 200,000 - 300,000 people, but I got a little carried away to 1.7 million haha!

5. Abbittibbi

Thanks for following, as for your question, there are not many one way. Of course, in the Downtown there are two main one ways(meaning 4 streets in total) avenues. The Center turnaround for each circle center are also one way running counter-clockwise.

Intersections are what cause traffic, so I plan the road layout very carefully, making sure that heavy traffic area are OFF MAIN ROADS, into districts of their own as for the Olympus and Universitas District.

I took a peak at you city traffic, at this point seems not be be a major problem, but it may if you keep expanding. We have not talk much about mass transit, but that is really what saves me all the jams.

Thank you for comments, and for sharing.

6. Abbittibbi

7. Abbittibbi

Abbittibbi updated Felinas Valley(in progress) with a new update entry:

Felinas Valley(UPDATE II)

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Abbittibbi

Abbittibbi updated Felinas Valley(in progress) with a new update entry:

Felinas Valley(UPDATE III)

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Maybe those tall buildings can be seen as a characteristic of the city.(y)

10. Abbittibbi

With the update of the Core District, the layout of the tall offices left come out of the pack. In the end, I am very happy with the updates and lowering the amount of skyscrapers.

Thanks to you for reviewing my city, as it's still growing.

11. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

r-h11-01-jpg.5469.jpg
    Is this triangle right and above the interjunction still unbuild??? I had an idea of building a residental zone with very small roads and a combination of
    Register or to view Spoiler content!
    and thick pines area's as the area's outside the roads. xD Is that possible?