1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire problems in cities XXL

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Mich, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Mich

Mich Unskilled Worker

I have a problems with fire service, they say's, there are low fire service, but i have fire stations everywhere and there are still same problems.

somebody there know what the problem could be?

OmniusPrime likes this.
  2. Mich

Mich Unskilled Worker

nobody??

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Check that all areas are happy when you highlight a station. You may have a few houses just outside an area. Happens to me when I buils a little town away from the city and forget a fire-station.

Mich likes this.
  4. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Seems like only having small local stations covering everything is not enough.
    I found you need some of the higher level stations; fire control, headquarters.
    The all-in-one community services station also seemed to help.

Same seems to go for police. You need headquarters, court houses and jails.

Mich likes this.
  5. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

Could be a mod issue in general

Mich and OmniusPrime like this.
  6. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Mich,
    The fire service satisfaction problem gets worse as your population goes way up, especially over 3 to 4 million. Even placing the good fire stations on nearly every block can't help overcome the problem. I built a city on the Paris map with 11 million population and the overall fire service satisfaction was only 35%. :cry:

Sadly there isn't a single mod or service booster building dedicated to fire. No buildings like the LA County Courthouse or the Alcatraz blueprint building that help increase fire service satisfaction the way they do for police. You just have to grin and bear it and just not sweat out the problem. Plus don't build super huge cities like I just did. Hopefully someone will make some mods to help alleviate this worrisome problem.

You can see my 11 million population city in this video as well as how I show my fire service satisfaction problem.

Mich likes this.
  7. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Big Meany Mean,
    Yep the problem is there are no booster buildings for fire service satisfaction like the LA County Courthouse or the Alcatraz blueprint building for police. I sure hope some modder gets industrious and makes some fire service booster buildings.

Mich likes this.
  8. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

I don't think that's the problem, I think that the problem is related to a line inside the .class file but I'm just guessing

9. ronrn

ronrn Governor

The end of all your citizen satisfaction needs.
    Changes - Ploppable Sand Box
    "The Paradigm building makes your citizens completely satisfied with all city services - education, health, security, fire safety, leisure and environment."

For me, this mod gets satifaction levels out of the way so I can focus on building more realistic looking neighborhoods.
    Place this in your city of 11mil and see what happens.:angel:

10. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Big Meany Mean,
    I bet your guess isn't far off the mark, there has to be a problem in coding somewhere when population hits a certain number. No matter how many fire stations I placed the problem never got better for the buildings around the newly placed fire stations, not even right next door.

Mich likes this.
  11. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Okay this mod did improve the services situation somewhat. :D After building the Paradigm Building my fire went from 35% satisfaction to 53%, an 18 point improvement that is close enough for government work. My orange buildings are now a light green, a decent improvement. My police and health improved as well, though not to 100%. I built the super shopping mall but it was too much, it drove my retail up so high it ruined commerce satisfaction so that building is one not to build unless you don't build any retail which isn't good. Definitely a great cheat mod that I'll have to feature in a future video soon.

I'll have to check out this mod more. I wonder what other gems are hiding in the old XL mods that would work with XXL? Perhaps someone will update them and bring them over to the XXL mods list so XXL players know these work with XXL too.

Mich likes this.
  12. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Big Meany Mean,
    Try the mod suggested by ronrn, the Changes Ploppable Sand Box one. Build the Paradigm Building and you should see an improvement in your fire, police and health satisfaction levels. I definitely saw enough improvement to like that Paradigm building. Be careful of the super shopping mall, it's too super.

Mich likes this.
  13. ronrn

ronrn Governor

There are many, many older XL mods that work in XXL. I did a count once but I don't recall. There are several discussions and compatibility list posted here in the forums, but I just did my own trials to find the ones that I wanted. It took weeks of effort and is still occasionally an on going process.
    Here is a convenient place to start.
    Xxl Mods Compatibility List
    In the least, it will give you some idea how many older mods are usable.

14. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Thanks for posting a link to that compatibility list, many mods look like they've been upgraded and I have some. There sure are a lot of mods to look over and find. Looks like some are on an old GC website with no link and I think that site is toast. The mods make the game more enjoyable.

Mich likes this.
  15. Mich

Mich Unskilled Worker

thanks for your help everybody :)

OmniusPrime likes this.
  16. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Hello,

I don't know if this point is always opened. But I'm playing without XLN depedency mod and I have a city with 7 million inhabitants, without any kind of problem with fire service.

So I don't agree with the idea that there is a coding problem for population with XXL (XLN perhaps, but not XXL).
    In XXL the satisfaction is calculated according to levels bound to the population. Obviously these levels keep increasing according to the population. For unskilled people, fire service need 60 satisfaction for 1 million inhabitants, 100 for 5 and 200 for 10. Knowing that all 3 types of fire stations supply 150 together when they are in the same radius, of course we will have problem approaching the 10 million. We must place the fire stations correctly. We can use the multifunction buildings to reach the 200 satisfaction, but these buildings are expensive. And they are not cumulative! And there is no blueprint to help! Fortunately! XXL is also a management game.

7milServFeu.jpg

OmniusPrime likes this.
  17. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Birk LeGlaire,
    Looks like an interesting test for fire service satisfaction. The one most important information point you keep skipping is the satisfaction number from the statistics screen under population. What is the overall fire satisfaction number? The colors aren't always indicative of true satisfaction. Still you may have a point about there being a change in how satisfaction is measured in XXL straight and XLM modded. I still think XLN is more fun and interesting to play, now got Monty to fix the shader fix file so we can use the XL amusement park set in XXL.

Interesting what you found about satisfaction levels. Where are your fire stations and how many do you have? How much are you spending on fire service? It almost sounds like you've got 3 fire stations serving 7 million and that seems too good to be true.

You have an interesting road layout, would love to see the traffic congestion screen. Looks like you're going to hit ten million for sure, that would be a great accomplishment with XXL alone.

Have Fun!

18. chris simo

chris simo Vagabond

hi can anyone helps please with bridges? thanks a lot cxl_screenshot_arta_0.jpg

19. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

chris simo,
    You don't have any bridges in this picture. However it looks like you've got the smooth roads mod by Drazicdesign judging by how your small road intersects over the small avenue by building a berm over it. The solution is simple, after deleting that small road just run the small road to intersect with the small avenue and click to secure it's position and then continue small road on to the road and finish the road build. That way by connecting from intersection to intersection the mod won't create berms over existing roads instead of connecting to them. You have to be careful about using the excellent smooth roads mod because it will create berms, or cut through hills creating gullies.

Bridges are the button under the Roads button where you place these roads. Bridges are easy to place but they take a little practice at getting used to using the Shift key to alter height. You could use a road bridge to start at one end and by using the Shift key you can alter starting and ending heights as well as in between. You could run a bridge over that small avenue and have no connection between them and no berm covering small avenue.

20. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

I find you need to put the bridge in first and then connect it to the rest of the hiway.

OmniusPrime likes this.