1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Game crashes when click on "play sandbox"

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by thorrny, Dec 19, 2016.

1. thorrny

thorrny Vagabond

Guys I have a problem cos i can even play with the tutorials in the game but when i click on "play" to play with my cities, it just crashes... I haven't installed any new mods or anything for weeks, and yesterday the game worked properly... do you know what can be wrong?

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Post the last ten or so lines of your log.

Check here for info on how if your not sure where to find it
    All-you-need Tech Thread

3. Monty

Monty Governor

I got that once. It was a corrupted file in the AppData folder. I don't know an easy way to fix it other than reinstalling the game . If you have the steam version you could try verifying the files through it first.

I back then I fixed it by reinstalling the game but deleting the contents of the folder C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012 befor installing the game again, since that folder doesn't get deleted when you uninstall the game.

Make a backup of your saved cities and mod folder before uninstalling the game ;)

kipate likes this.
  4. thorrny

thorrny Vagabond

Hola!! Thank you very much guys for your posts, though unfortunately I had no choice but to delete my saved cities... apparently one of them was corrupted (a Spanish city, how ironic) and had to get rid of them all...