1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Game Crashing At Start Up

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Radiant Dawn, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Hi, looks like I'll need help once more, my game is crashing at start up with an error message that reads; "Error loading mods, some installed mods need other mods to work correctly..." I'm not sure why this is occuring as it was working just fine not long ago...

Please help, ty

Register or to view Spoiler content!

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

do u use mods with chinese/russian letters in it? change them if u do
    not sure about the other errors tho.. :( maybe its just a broken save.. try a backup
    but anyway: are these the last lines of ur log? does it crash when u load a city or when u start the game itself?

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  3. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I do have some mods with Chinese letters from the Chinese Simcity website, however it never caused a problem before as I've had it for a long time. If I had to change them, how would I do that? Otherwise, I will try to backup to the last save point. And as I already mentioned, the game crashes at start up.

Also, though I appreciate your help, this wasn't very helpful, therefore I do hope someone will have other advice.

4. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Are you subscribed to any mods from steam?

5. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Not at all.

6. ronrn

ronrn Governor

If you're willing to do a little work to resolve the issue, follow the steps below.
    It should allow you to get the game started so you can sort and test your mods to find which one/ones are missing.

-Go to "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL\live\offline\solo".
    -Back up your cities by removing the "solosaveregion##map##" folders from this folder and place them somewhere else on your pc.
    -Delete any "anyname_slotmap.cxl" files that may be there. (these are just slots for any mod maps you may be using)
    -Remove your "Mods" folder and replace it with a new one containing only these dependency mods:
    XXL_Altiris_CommunityMod_v2.05
    xln_moddingteam_dependency_furniturepack_v1.6
    -Start the game and create a new test city.

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

click on it / mark it, press F2 and change the letters ;) (or choose "rename" from context-menu)

Code:
    [19:42:08] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file paks\????1??.pak
    [19:42:08] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\????1??.pak>
    these lines tell u that ur game cant read them ;) non-chinese xl2012 would crash at this point.
    wondering more why chinese modders use .pak as extension :confused: thats pretty nonsense^^

then just do standard stuff: remove the latest mods u added (sort them by date in windows if u cant remember) and redownload dependencys in case they are broken and follow ronrn's advice if u still have issues
    u already might have noticed that x(x)l is a crappy game so u gotta do some efforts to keep it running :p

however, if these are the last lines, im wondering why this line causes the final crash :confused:
    Code:
    [19:44:41] srsResourceMaxF srsResourceMaxFlow.cpp ( 112) Assert srsResourceMaxFlow::SetResource <rpts_0> is not valid

8. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

So I tried to resolve this issue by following the usual steps necessary for when you're trying to fix a corrupt save, and it's still the same. If anyone can check the log to see if it tells you which mods are missing and tell me which one it is, it will be much appreciated. TY.

Register or to view Spoiler content!