1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting A Refund For Xxl On Steam

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ode1299, Feb 5, 2015.

1. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

This is really fraud. All the previews, trailers mentioned about railways and multicore support but no just new interface skin...
    Do you think is it possible to return a steam purchase for false advertising?

MuxLee likes this.
  2. Monty

Monty Governor

Railways were never mentioned. What you see in the trailer is the metro. Multi-core support is in the game. Go to Steam help to find out how to get a refund.

3. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

yup, no trains were promised, and the multicore is there... as promised and advertised. So now you can finally build a huge city with no or very little lag... Also almost all mods are working with this version.

4. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

Ok just downloaded XXL, so I can go ahead and load one of Funky's map and start my city.
    Or should I make it sure it was one that is not UIM compatable?

5. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I haven't tested all of my maps, but I installed Bootleg River and that worked. I also made a new map that is on Steam. It does t have full resources like my other maps, it has farms, holidays and water. No oil. Just make sure you install the Community Patch which is just the new name for UIM.

6. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Community patch? Is it available?
    Not that i have the game already but i'm trying to understand our options regarding older mods and cities.

7. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Sure is. It's on steam. There's a a lot of mods already on steam.

Older cities won't work unless you have all the mods so if you ha e a city your working on in CXL I'd keep playing that and get CXXL and start another city and keep adding mods when they become available.

8. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Sounds good. Do you think you can name the mods that aren't working with it for the sake of avoiding any crash problems?

9. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

There's 1000 mods, we don't yet know what mods work. The ones on the Steam workshop work, but other than that not to sure.

10. hunkske

hunkske Vagabond

This all sounds like music to ma' ears! I'm sure we'll have lots of mods that are compatible with XXL soon!! :)

11. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

cool so the current mods work on the update

12. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

OK, maybe I've reacted too early, now I can feel the multicore support after some testing, but when I see the trams on the bridge on the steam video I got excited and escalated my expectations. I have about 850 mods and want to transfer all of them but it seems there will be a lot to do. Can anyone find a way to transfer all the mods in XL properly?

13. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Would anyone know if it's possible to transfer a saved CXL city to CXXL and how?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a Paks folder for CXXL, why? How could I transfer my CXL mods to CXXL?

14. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

There is a paks folder.

No you cannot transfer your cities as all of the mods won't work.

15. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

In other words you need to purchase cities xxl

16. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

17. Inan

Inan Governor

I hope that someday the problem is solved, because if there are only a few mods don't working, all my cities where this mods are used will be lost i'm afraid. Deleting the buildings or/and even plazas in many tiny gaps is just not possible. So until that day X i have to stay with platinum...

18. Denza

Denza Unskilled Worker

xxl crashing during gameplay... just great... :)

19. barrakoda

barrakoda Unskilled Worker

I built a nice city last night with a buddy over, we made a thing out of it. The new engine certainly does seem nice. The sky was beautiful. Now I find myself wanting a dynamic sky! Lol. But seriously, it was stable, and responsive the whole night (about 3 hours) up to a city of around 8k people (which is as far as I got). Barely any memory consumption.

I have to say though, this community *excellently* modded CXL Platinum into a perfectly playable game. Without the contributions of all the modders, this game would really suck. Realizing I was playing a naked version of the new game I missed a LOT of mods I had taken for granted;

RHM2 (I like to put a highway through every new city as a start, makes it feel more American lol)
    Lower Highway link costs
    Building straight bridges
    Plazas (especially that 50 meg greenery mod)
    All those pretty mc-mansions on 1/2 T1s
    Unlockers for the ridiculous blueprints
    Square omni-corp trading

I look forward to attempting to build some stuff, for once, in blender.

Rene and FussionM like this.
  20. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Where is the paks folder? I looked in the same place I usually do with CXL Platinum and I couldn't find it. ???

Also, I must say, this isn't necessarily what I expected. I haven't seen any clouds in the skies as of yet as it was advertised in the ad pics. False advertising? I'm beginning to think ode is right.