1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum Getting Cities.exe Error

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by mgsports, Feb 6, 2018.

1. mgsports

mgsports Unskilled Worker

When trying to start Game and I think it's to do with something in Pak Folder in Mods folder and it's a file with extension Patch and have Shader 2.0,latest Interface Mod and Tags file. I have 8 gigs of Ram,Windows 10 and HD Intel graphics Card if that helps out. Yes when my Game works it does exit from time to time.

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Post the last ten or so lines of the log when the crash happens

3. mgsports

When do I find it in File Manager?

4. mgsports

If it's this the first 2 they are not in that file anymore if that's the problem smae with Gas stations made by that person and so on.
    [16:43:39] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\mods\__macosx\._xln_altiris_packbeach_piertransitions_v1.7.patch>
    [16:43:39] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\mods\__macosx\._xln_altiris_packbeach_roads_v1.5.patch>
    [16:43:42] CORE mcStreamBin.cpp ( 282) Assert This shouldn't happen in release...
    [16:43:43] DisplayTranspor dtPsRoadMeshModel.cpp ( 335) Error Invalid road name format <f_delineator>, should be of type r_function_identifier(_widthxlength(xheightcm)
    [16:43:45] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file data\config\gembeachscenarii.cfg
    [16:43:45] SIMTOURIST pesTourismParams.cpp ( 179) Error pesTourismParams::LoadScenarii : Can't load <data/config/gembeachscenarii.cfg>
    [16:43:46] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error HighLightMgr compiled
    [16:43:46] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/MapList.cxl
    [16:43:46] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/MapList.cxl done
    [16:43:46] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/SoloTradeMgr.cxl
    [16:43:46] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/SoloTradeMgr.cxl done
    [16:43:46] SCRIPT csLuaState.cpp ( 291) ErrorBuild LUA_ERRRUN : runtime error ([string "data\design\script\siminfo\zmaps\mapmgr_sav..."]:28: attempt to index field 'UIMMapList' (a nil value) stack traceback: [string "data\design\script\siminfo\zmaps\mapmgr_sav..."]:28: in main chunk)

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Are these the last lines?

6. mgsports

Yes in the Error Log file.

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

First can you confirm your using Cities XL and not XXL?

What I have typed below is for XL

If you have no cities you want to save, you could do a reinstall. Make sure you back up your mods if you have not got them saved somewhere on your PC.

To test if there's a problem with XL you can rename the Cities XL folder in AppData \ Local \ Focus Home Interactive and then restart XL. It will be just like starting it when you first installed it. If it runs OK then something got corrupted in the cities XL folder.
    If there's still a problem then it's your folder with the mods. Make sure you folder structure is OK as well. Mods will not work if they are two levels down from the paks folder.
    If you want separate folders in you paks folder, then make one folder for each type like buildings, roads, plazas etc... with only the patch files in them.

example,

paks\bulidings
    paks\roads
    paks\plazas

Don't go any deeper with the folders

Make sure all the mods you are using are XL mods. If there's any XXL mods it will cause crashes.

8. mgsports

Also in AppData \ Local \ Focus Home Interactive only Cities XL 2012 and don't have that version Should I do a Folder for like Farms because I have them in Buildings Folder. Have none XXL Mods in Paks folder. Here's today's Error Message
    [16:56:10] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\._xln_bandit_gasstation_clm_v1.1.patch>
    [16:56:10] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\._xln_bandit_gasstation_standalone_v1.1.patch>
    [16:56:10] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\._xln_nicko_solarfarm_low_v1.1.patch>
    [16:56:10] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\._xln_nicko_solarfarm_v1.1.patch>
    [16:56:15] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\__macosx\._xln_altiris_packbeach_piertransitions_v1.7.patch>
    [16:56:15] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\__macosx\._xln_altiris_packbeach_roads_v1.5.patch>
    [16:56:15] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\roads\._xln_altiris_packbeach_piertransitions_v1.7.patch>
    [16:56:15] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\roads\._xln_altiris_packbeach_roads_v1.5.patch>
    [16:56:15] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\roads\._zzzz_gregonos_buslane_roads_us_dark_v1.2.patch>
    [16:56:15] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\roads\._zzzz_gregonos_buslane_roads_us_light_v1.2.patch>
    [16:56:15] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\roads\._zzz_gregonos_buslane_roads_core_v1.2.patch>
    [16:56:20] CORE mcStreamBin.cpp ( 282) Assert This shouldn't happen in release...
    [16:56:21] DisplayTranspor dtPsRoadMeshModel.cpp ( 335) Error Invalid road name format <f_delineator>, should be of type r_function_identifier(_widthxlength(xheightcm)
    [16:56:23] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file data\config\gembeachscenarii.cfg
    [16:56:23] SIMTOURIST pesTourismParams.cpp ( 179) Error pesTourismParams::LoadScenarii : Can't load <data/config/gembeachscenarii.cfg>
    [16:56:24] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error HighLightMgr compiled
    [16:56:24] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/MapList.cxl
    [16:56:24] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/MapList.cxl done
    [16:56:24] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/SoloTradeMgr.cxl
    [16:56:24] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/SoloTradeMgr.cxl done
    [16:56:24] SCRIPT csLuaState.cpp ( 291) ErrorBuild LUA_ERRRUN : runtime error ([string "data\design\script\siminfo\zmaps\mapmgr_sav..."]:28: attempt to index field 'UIMMapList' (a nil value) stack traceback: [string "data\design\script\siminfo\zmaps\mapmgr_sav..."]:28: in main chunk)

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I couldn't remember what the folder is in Focus Home Interactive for platinum that's why I only said CitiesXL.
    Try remaining the folder and start the game. Cities XL will just create a new one like a fresh install does. You me just have corrupt files in that folder.

You dont need to do a farms folder. Thats up to you. By splitting them up it's easier to navigate in windows. If to many mods are in one folder, windows explorer can get bogged down.

I noticed you have those _macosx folders. Try moving them out and then test the game. They could be causing it as the folder structure is to deep.

Another thing you should do is move all the patch files with z's at the front of there name into the root of the paks folder. They need to load before any other patch files.

kipate likes this.
  10. mgsports

i followed all those steps but still get Errors. Should others in Buildings and Roads be moved that give Errors because moved ones to Pak and still do. Their's no Error about Ram and Graphics Card.
    [16:26:26] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\._zzzz_gregonos_buslane_roads_us_dark_v1.2.patch>
    [16:26:26] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\._zzzz_gregonos_buslane_roads_us_light_v1.2.patch>
    [16:26:26] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\._zzz_gregonos_buslane_roads_core_v1.2.patch>
    [16:26:26] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\._xln_bandit_gasstation_clm_v1.1.patch>
    [16:26:26] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\._xln_bandit_gasstation_standalone_v1.1.patch>
    [16:26:26] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\._xln_nicko_solarfarm_low_v1.1.patch>
    [16:26:26] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\buildings\._xln_nicko_solarfarm_v1.1.patch>
    [16:26:27] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\roads\._xln_altiris_packbeach_piertransitions_v1.7.patch>
    [16:26:27] CORE mcFileSystem.cpp ( 123) Error failed to open pack archive <paks\roads\._xln_altiris_packbeach_roads_v1.5.patch>
    [16:26:31] CORE mcStreamBin.cpp ( 282) Assert This shouldn't happen in release...
    [16:26:31] DisplayTranspor dtPsRoadMeshModel.cpp ( 335) Error Invalid road name format <f_delineator>, should be of type r_function_identifier(_widthxlength(xheightcm)
    [16:26:34] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file data\config\gembeachscenarii.cfg
    [16:26:34] SIMTOURIST pesTourismParams.cpp ( 179) Error pesTourismParams::LoadScenarii : Can't load <data/config/gembeachscenarii.cfg>
    [16:26:34] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error HighLightMgr compiled
    [16:26:34] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/MapList.cxl
    [16:26:34] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/MapList.cxl done
    [16:26:34] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/SoloTradeMgr.cxl
    [16:26:34] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error Compiling Data/Test/SoloTradeMgr.cxl done
    [16:26:35] SCRIPT csLuaState.cpp ( 291) ErrorBuild LUA_ERRRUN : runtime error ([string "data\design\script\siminfo\zmaps\mapmgr_sav..."]:2

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Remove all the mods with ._ at the start of the file names. They should not be named like that so may be corrupted.

If you want those mods then you need to read the descriptions on their resource page for details on what to use.
    Find the original bus files by gregonos, it probably says to use only one color. You have light and dark in the paks folder.
    Also check up on the gasstation files as you have two. If your not using CLM you shouldn't have a clm mod in your folder.
    You shouldn't have both high lods and a low lods versions of the solarfarm.
    As the the altiris beach files, I had issues with one of them but can't remember which one

If there's still issues after that then a full reinstall would be the best option. Get the game running with no mods first and then if it runs OK put only the dependencies in and try it again.
    Dependency - XL User Interface Mod
    Dependency - Z_Pharmist_TreeBug_Fix_v1.00
    Dependency - Altiris Prereq Forest Tree Patch
    Dependency - Shader Pack
    Dependency - Road Shader with Self-Illumination
    Dependency - XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack
    Dependency - Tags.cfg for XL

If it runs OK then test a few mods at a time until you have all the ones you want.

Try using my Autosave mod. It's helped a lot of XL players avoid crashes
    General - Autosave Changer

12. mgsports

[18:13:57] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 827) Error Available physical memory = 3.464Gb
    [18:13:57] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 828) Error Available addressable virtual memory = 3.758Gb
    [18:13:57] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 829) Error Total physical memory = 7.907Gb
    [18:13:57] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 830) Error Total addressable virtual memory = 3.999Gb
    [18:13:57] MEMORY mcMemAllocator.cpp ( 107) ErrorBuild .\Core\mcStringBasic.cpp(124) : Request for allocation failed. Out of memory (need -1113215776)
    Can you Download the CLM because can't find it?

13. mgsports

I Download the CLM file.

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I never bothered with CLM when I was playing XL so I have no knowledge on it and what problems it can cause.
    That memory error has happened to many players. I've had it myself and a restart of my PC sorted it out for me.

15. mgsports

I still get Error maybe I remove all Mods and it will work but want to use them.

16. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

well, but that doesnt help if you are not able to play at all :p

follow the suggestion and restart by zero. we are not the developers of this game so we can only give limited support.
    when you readd the mods from time to time, make sure to read the descriptions so you wont miss incompatibilities and requirements. do not just add them without any reading.
    clm is known to cause issues together with other mods. just try without it first and add it as last one.

regarding your logs:
    1. yes the "out of memory failure" is normal for cxl - the engine is just crap - restart your pc and it should be fine
    2. your last line in the log "data\design\script\siminfo\zmaps\mapmgr_sav..." is always the same. this is the one causing the crash. Not sure what it is, i cannot find this folder in my (unpacked) game. So i have the following questions:
    a) when exactly does the game crash? (on startup, when loading a city, during play, ...?)
    b) when did it happen the first time? (any new mod you added, any mod you removed, anything else changed, ...?)
    c) are you sure you did not use a xxl map or xxl only mod on xl?

17. mgsports

The Error pops when starting Game in Steam maybe try it out Offline. All the Mods I have work with both versions and have all the Mod files they need to go with them. Maybe get rid ones that work with both.