1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Help me please

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by axel, Sep 26, 2018.

1. axel

axel Governor

Hi I have 3 mods from Nick97 on my game, and it keeps craching the game.
    the strange thing is that I have delted all files from Nick 97 mod and for some reason when I restart the game, it does not start up again. But the thing is when i look back in my game files, all the files from Nick97 mod are back in my files maps DATA, Beta, mods and mod???? I even reinstalled the game and even then the files are back??? Whats going on here, i just cant play the game.
    What else can i do?? the file ugc and Beta, mods and mod are keep comming up do i mis a file or sommething in steam or so??

Attached Files:

• 01.png
      01.png
      File size:
      424.2 KB
      Views:
    • 02.png
      02.png
      File size:
      187.6 KB
      Views:
    • 03.png
      03.png
      File size:
      187 KB
      Views:
    • 04.png
      04.png
      File size:
      169.1 KB
      Views:
    • 05.png
      05.png
      File size:
      181.4 KB
      Views:
  2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I keep far away from any mod he made due to the shocking quality. If you have installed these using the workshop then make sure they are unsubscribed. Threre is some help regarding workshop files somewhere on XLN. Not 100% sure where right at the moment though.

axel likes this.
  3. axel

axel Governor

Hi skullz,
    I did unscribe and deleted the modsfiles but stil the game craches, must i delete more files? Somewhere else in steam

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you clean up your appdata folder when you reinstalled the game?

but before reinstalling again, try deleting prototypesdb.bin and then start the game again.
    its located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\live\data\config

axel likes this.
  5. axel

axel Governor

Hi mate,
    I cant find such file in my steam mate? or in C, i have Steam installed on G and in my game is installed in:
    G:\games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XXL, but no such file is to be found?

6. axel

axel Governor

Just reinstalled the bloody game for about 5 timens now and aint doing shit getting fed up with now :mad: Is there somme way to instal the game brand new or instal it without Steam??? or is there a file wat must be deleted?? I cant make mods if i cant play the freeking game :mad::mad::mad:

7. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

where is your windows installed

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\live\data\config

\username\ is the name you gave to your PC(or the name of the user that you chose when log in on windows, for multiple users).
    \AppData\ is hidden folder. you need to set show hide file in folder option.

8. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

for clean install you need to delete this folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive, after uninstalling the game.

Atention!!!
    if you delete that folder you will lose all the cities

9. axel

axel Governor

Thank you thank you thank you That did the trick, axel back in business

CraCkeR JaCk and skullz613 like this.
  10. axel

axel Governor

the game crashed continuously again, I removed the last mods but it keeps crashing, What else can I do?
    I have installed the game here: G:\games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XXL

11. axel

axel Governor

I deleted the prototypesdb.bin and started the game but still crashes, it loads the game with the yellow arrow and when he switches then he crashes,
    I get tired of this damn game

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Does the log have any clues?
    I have always installed XXL in the default location and never had an issue with the game itself.
    Steam on the other hand, has been a lot of trouble. If a steam game doesn't start, I have to reboot windows to get it to run. I can play the same game on and off a few times during the day but eventually it will stop starting and I'll need to reboot.
    Did you resolve the issue with those mods by nick?

13. axel

axel Governor

Hi mate, yes the issue with the mods from Nick was resolved, but a few days ago i wanted to start the game and it crashes, dont know why? I didnt know i could install the game without steam? I prefer playing without steam but it didnt give me the Option to do without. I hope there is a way to fix the crash becose re installing the game is bloody bolics lol

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you tried running the game with no mods installed and renaming the Cities XXLfolder in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\focus home interactive\ so a new one is created?

That's always my first step so I can find out if it runs un-modded. If it runs then I know mods are the cause. If it doesn't run then somethings possibly wrong with the game files.
    If other games have problems then it could be Windows or graphic drivers.
    It's always just a process of elimination.

If the game runs un-modded then the process of finding which mod is the cause begins.

Have you also checked if the mods you unsubscribed from in the workshop have physically gone? Check the folder where the mods get downloaded into. This post has something about that folder
    Cities XXL - XXL Not working (mods missing message)

axel likes this.
  15. axel

axel Governor

Hi thanks mate ill try this out

16. axel

axel Governor

Hi mate it did nt work, i am thinking of re installing the game, is it possible to instal the game without steam?,
    I think it has to do with a free version of the citys skyline of steam that I had installed, I think it gave conflicts there, it also started when I installed citys skyline, beforethat I had no problems :unsure:

17. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

If its a steam activated game then you won't be able to avoid it (unless you get a not so legal copy)
    Not sure if Skylines would cause it. I have not tried the Steam version yet as I only have the base game. Waiting for all the expansions to drop in price.
    Not sure what else to suggest. Apart from totally gutting your PC and reinstalling Windows. I'm close to doing it myself due to stupid errors I've been getting with numerous games.

18. axel

axel Governor

I reinstalled the game but it keeps doing the same mate, I think I'll just stop playing this game its the end for me

19. axel

axel Governor

I have one option left, can you have a look in your steam cities xxl, launher file and tel me if the file is empy or not?

upload_2019-11-25_20-24-47.png

Attached Files:

20. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

My Launcher folder is empty. The prerequisites folder just has 4 files (cmd/msu) in it.