1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with fresh Mod set-up XXL

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Artmaster, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Hi all, it's been a long time since I've been on here...

I've really wanted to build again, but have been deterred by the sheer work involved in just setting up the game back the way I had it: full on sandbox, build anything, anywhere type game.

I've installed the dependencies, but these menu's are unfamiliar or aren't working correctly like I remember in XL. Can someone please point me in the right direction from start to finish for getting completely setup for building a great city again? I'll install the building patches later, I just want a run down of how to get back up and running.

Thank you.

-Art

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

If XXL is running with the dependencies then your good to go. Just make sure you check descriptions on mods to make sure they are OK with XXL. Some XL mods work OK though.

The menu is the same as XL to a degree. Only problem is a lot of XXL mods for decoration/trees etc... mainly fall under one area as the menu was not updated at the time.

I'll post my setup so you get an idea of what works OK.
    My setup starts with the root of the mods folder.

Root of Mods folder

xln_moddingteam_dependency_furniturepack_v1.7.patch
    XXL_Altiris_CommunityPatch_v2.09a.patch
    z_mod_S296_nocarboxesV1.patch
    Z_Pharmist_TreeBug_Fix_v1.00.patch
    ZZZ_Fix_For_Old_Shader_XXL 1.3.patch
    ZZZ_XLN_XXL_drazic_Fix_v1.4.patch
    zzz_XLN_XXL_drazic_road_usa_v1.315.patch
    zzzz_XXL_MrX2_TagsCfgXXL_V1.0.patch
    zzzzz_XXL_sp_pedpath_t1_smooth.patch
    zzzzzz_XLN_XXL_drazic_offset_height_default_bridges_default_0_v1.0.patch
    zzzzzzzzz_XLN_Ohad_ORP_BETA_V1.3.patch
    zzzzzzzzz_XLN_XXL_drazic_smoothroads_v1.0.patch
    zzzzzzzzzz_Timofp_Flexibility_Mod_v1.0.patch

For the rest see the attached text document. Its to long to post.
    I have added a few building mods since I did the list. Mainly old XL ones that I had not tried with XXL.

Attached Files:

Artmaster and kipate like this.
  3. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Thank you very much, I will give this a try soon. I also realize now there is a tutorial in Resources...some reason I thought it would be stickied in the forums.

4. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Ok, is there a list anywhere of XL mods that are working with XXL, cause otherwise I don't know if it's safe to go adding these wonderful mods???

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

In that list I attached is a lot of XL mods that work fine. There has been a few lists on here but they stopped being updated as most work OK.
    A better list to have is one that has mods that don't work.
    Before trying an XL mod see if there has been an updated version of it for XXL. If there isn't one then the XL one should be OK.

Artmaster likes this.