1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Help XL Amusement Park to work in XXL

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OmniusPrime, Nov 3, 2016.

1. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I beta tested the XL Amusement Park by Uokiok 1.10 in XXL (under XL - Buildings - Arts & Leisure page 2) and get this error message when I build one of the 3 amusement park items. I can place an item and start the clock running a few seconds as it builds then the game crashes to desktop with this error message:

s_EffectFactory_CreateCompliedEffect Error

D3DComplie has failed

File : <Data/Shader/#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx>
    Error : <IncShadow.fx(246.,9): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    IncVSOut.fx(147,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities
    XXL\data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(58,9) warning X3206: implicit
    truncation of vector type
    XXL\Data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(64,9): warning X3206: implicit
    XXL\Data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(66,25): warning X3206:
    implicit truncation of vector type
    XXL\Data\Shader_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(74,9): warning X3206: implicit
    XXL\Data\Shader_NIGHT_LIGHHTNING.fx(75,9): warning X3206: implicit
    XXL\Data\Shader_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(77,11): warning X3206
    implicit truncation of vector type
    XXL\Data\Shader\#Vehicle_NIGHT_LIGHTNING.fx(102,3): Unrecognized state
    ‘AlphaBlendEnable’
    >
    Press OK to Retry

I end up having to use task manager to end the program as the click to retry is endless. It looks like some kind of shading error, something to do with NIGHT_LIGHTNING.

I have the mod - Fix for old mods shader crash errors (XXL) 1.0 by Monty. I have the latest Community Mod 2.08 as well as the Furniture Dependency pack 1.7 mod. I have other Uokiok mods that work fine although I think I've tried some that didn't.

I hope some modder can figure out what the problem is and can get this awesome amusement park mod working in XXL which lacks amusement parks. Is there a solution by tweaking a shader mod in XXL? Can this mod be updated for XXL perhaps skipping the shader problem encountered here? I sure hope someone can get this mod working for XXL as it would certainly fill a hole in the game's buildings.

2. secpol

secpol Governor

No Omnius, everything has a limit

OmniusPrime likes this.
  3. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

secpol,
    Not when Monty has the ability to fix his shader mod for XL mods. See his newer version in the XXL resources section, just posted. Also see my new video to see the three beautiful amusement park rides we can now use. It's near the end of the video, saved the best for last.