1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi All

Discussion in 'Presentations' started by fanattiq, Dec 22, 2014.

1. fanattiq

fanattiq Executive

I have just realized that I didn't made any presentation...

Hi, I am from Spain and I have been using city simulators since more than 20 years... This, CXL, is for me the best I have ever used. I use to make cities with a strong planned structure, following the relief of mountains when possible and focusing in offices, and recently in the industrial harbour.

IcyHot likes this.
  2. Steven H. Endermann

Welcome to XLN. Enjoy your stay.

3. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Welcome to XLN, the best place for all things CXL andcity building games! party.png I hope you'll enjoy it here!
    And I like how you build your cities. :)

4. fanattiq

fanattiq Executive

Thank you both!

I will say something more about me. I have been for here since long time and downloaded a lot of files (I have near 1.5Gb in patch files), a long time before the recent change of this summer. I thought I could share some of my cities and my way of building in return of this. For my surprise, there are people around here that consider them poor or mediocre. I know that they do not deserve five stars, but I also know they are not mediocre, despite some ratings. It is as if veteran members would have the monopoly of building good cities and have the ONLY way of doing that.

So I am not enjoying very much been here. Perhaps the beginning of any and the first steps of a new member is essential for that member to stay or leave, and I am nearer from this second action than first one.

5. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I think most of your CJs looks beautiful and very well done, don't know where you are getting a lot
    of those kinds of ratings because to me the reviews usually says that your city looks 'excellent'
    and 'well planned/done'. I think those words mean that you're doing a pretty good job at it.

I haven't even seen a review saying it's 'poor' yet but I did for the mediocre, but just from less than
    3 persons and I don't think that should bother you so much. Some of them were constructive, though
    in their ratings. To me, I enjoyed seeing your cities and so does many others, so please don't leave.:)

6. fanattiq

fanattiq Executive

Thank you Pamascus, you are right. I think that the junction between few reports and same of them pointing me to build cities in a particular way (specifically one) that is not my style of building up, made me to think I was not fitting in very well here.

Anyway, I think comments have improved the way I to build cities, but I will be more cautious in future city journals.

In the near future I will post one more city: Puerto Bahía (aprox. 1.750.000 inhabitants). My objective is to get a more realistic way in my cities as some cities in the journals like those from Inan, Gary, Justyburger and so many others...

Pamascus27 likes this.
  7. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

ah, another one who likes to use the given terrain to build cities :)

8. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Hey fanatiqq and welcome on XLN :D
    And I too like building on the given terrain :)