1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum Hopefully Cities Skyline will sate my city building desire

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by chocolate_city, Jul 18, 2018.

1. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

I've am so done with Cities XL Platinum I don't know what in the hell to do..... because its always seems to be something. I thought getting more processing power, memory and higher end video card would at least solve some solutions but NOOOOOO. Same ole Same ole this time its
    UncompressBuffer: ERROR n°<-3> in zlib uncompress. I've seen this error before but I sure as hell don't know what it means. Re-Installing the game doesn't seem to help. I have several mods I can't do without and I'm tired of going through each one to find out which one it is. Screw it.. I was about to give it up a long time ago and now it's definite..... I hope they come out with a new one, but i'll play the wait and see game.....Heartfelt thanks to all who tried to help, but this game is no longer worth it....Good luck and God Bless

2. lexflame

lexflame Skilled Worker

In your post there is little from the schoolboy ....
    Option two: pirate and plus the same repack curve, the error of one of the lines of your RAM. Most likely the second since you say that the problem was already before. Memtest should help you, it could also be a processor - it's not out of the question when my 775 died slowly in 2015-2016, and I had similar problems. Do not sin on the game.

3. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

I feel you,however I'm also done with cities:skylines now, it's so hateful that no matter how expensive your computer is, the game is still unplayable after subscribing thousands of assets and hundreds of mods .I mean, CSL needs those mods to be PLAYABLE, can't stand the base game with all that unrealistic buildings, weird cars and citizens.
    I don't know, maybe CSL2, I guess...

4. Inan

Inan Governor

Interesting... I watched lots of Youtube videos about C:SL, from absolute pro gamers it seems... the cities are absolutely amazingly realistic (for example those by infrastructurist), hyperrealistic. But regarding the cities sizes i noticed, that it was rather small all the time. Does the game not allow bigger cities due to computer performance (RAM-eater?) And how many mods will i need to get a good gameplay?

5. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Bigger city with all that stunning details on each corner of your city? you better get a nice PC. XD

Here's the list:
    You literally can not get a better gameplay experience without these mods, to be honest... from the graphics improving to the replacing of all most everything that comes from the base game.

And the more you want to subscribe, the better PC you will be required. mine isn't that well enough, and that's why I'm still playing XXL, I don't have another choice :3

QQ截图20180723123411.png
    QQ截图20180723123421.png
    QQ截图20180723123429.png
    QQ截图20180723123439.png QQ截图20180723123447.png
    QQ截图20180723123453.png

6. lexflame

lexflame Skilled Worker

Here is my configuration and I have no problems with either XXL or Skyline.

CPU:: Core i5-6400
    RAM:: 12Gb DDR3
    GPU:: GeForce 960 - 2Gb
    MB:: Asus Z110-M
    BP:: 700W
    PF:: 16Gb

In this case, I have installed a fashion that improves graphics and all sorts of different filters. Plus, when I'm getting into modding, I do not close 3D Max when working with buildings.

7. lexflame

lexflame Skilled Worker

Concerning "UncompressBuffer: ERROR n°<-3> in zlib uncompress". I remember, not so long ago there was a bug in the OS Win - 8 and 10 version, related to the incorrect update of the very same library "zlib". I'm playing at 8.1 for example. But this is only a guess ... What is your OS?

8. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

First thanks for responding. I'm currently using both Windows 7 and 8.1, I not crazy about having less control over my OS like what I have read and seen with Windows 10. Windows 8.1 is not very stable, and I found that Windows 7 is to me the best operating system since XP 64bit. My system set is Windows 7. 29gb Ram, Nvidia GeoForce 1050 GTX TI with 4 Gb RAM, AMD Phenom II 6 core processor, Gigabyte 970 Gaming Motherboard. Sound Blaster XFI Fatality Championship soundcard. Changing the subject, I have found while playing Cities Skyline, the game uses some 6 to 7 gigs of RAM is that normal?